Romney Intends to be "Unapologetically Aggressive" Toward Obama

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Jun 4, 2012.

1. Phil Gates

Phil Gates New Member

Voting for a president based on social issues is silly to me.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Pretending like there are no social issues is silly to me.

3. Phil Gates

Phil Gates New Member

Social issues will sort themselves out. The general public isn't going to protest their way to a better economy.

4. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I've written that down.

5. Phil Gates

Phil Gates New Member

I am not pro Romney by the way.

6. Tenacious D

Tea Partiers and Occupiers might lodge a small disagreement.

7. Tenacious D

That makes everyone.

8. Phil Gates

Phil Gates New Member

And what change have they exacted?
    Just wondering.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Law, I really don't know where I fall fiscally anymore. I believe the budget should be balanced, but my cuts would be across the board including the golden calf known as "Defense." I am all for reform of the tax code, but not in a way that is trying to generate a "trickle down effect" because I don't think that happens anymore.

I also can't abide intelligent design being taught in science class at public schools, in any way pretending like climate change science is somehow muddy, or any of the other sticking points of the conservative agenda. I am an atheist scientist. The Republican Party has been very clear that it doesn't want me or care to represent me, so I don't see why I should ever vote for them again.

10. Phil Gates

Phil Gates New Member

No one should vote Democrat or Republican. They are all the same money-hungry/over-spending idiots.

11. Tenacious D

Occupiers - dirty, smelly hippies - brought a host of what they believed to be unfair economic issues not only to the forefront, but almost exclusively of all else, and for several weeks.

Tea Partiers - racist, smelly bigots - have elected several members to Congress and are just now beginning to make what will likely be a sizeable dent in American politics (for well or ill).

I'd say that those could be argued as being "accomplishments".

12. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

I think that's a perfectly reasonable stance. And, the practice of our way or the highway mentality is going to ultimately lead to the demise of the GOP.

13. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

They have most definitely brought the idea of excessive spending into the political discourse. They've also brought some really stupid, negative things as well. But, I'd consider the former to be a positive.

14. Tenacious D

Why don't we start with making all corporations pay 10% of their earnings, and then let's see where we are on the deficit / balanced budget and social program funding.

15. Phil Gates

Phil Gates New Member

Hahaha that is humorous to me. Our society's attention span is almost nil. The lasting impact of the occupiers will be nothing. The Tea Partiers will fade.

16. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

There you go, Phil. Brilliant. One should simply cast his vote for a candidate who's going to get his [uck fay]ing brains beaten in during the election. If you vote Ralph Nader (or his equivalent), you vote for Romney. If you vote for the libertarian candidate, you vote for Obama.

17. Phil Gates

Phil Gates New Member

Absurd.

18. Phil Gates

Phil Gates New Member

This attitude is why a third party will never have a chance.

Enjoy voting for the same person election after election.

19. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Please. If you honestly believe that, you're a complete fool.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

I have no doubt that doing such a thing would only make the economic situation, and thus the budget, only worse. But I can't vote for a guy who gets rid of a campaign employee simply because he is gay. I can't vote for a guy who supported gay marriage with all of his mind and heart when it was politically expedient to do so, and now has completely changed when it is politically expedient to do so.

Hell, I can't vote for a guy who thinks he is wearing magic underwear. Sorry. Maybe I'll just stay home.