Romney Intends to be "Unapologetically Aggressive" Toward Obama

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Jun 4, 2012.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

It was bait, and not for you. Tenny D's fishing skills are a little rusty.

2. Phil Gates

Phil Gates New Member

I will vote for someone I believe in. You vote for a party name. That's fine. Whether the Dem's or Repub's win we are going to get more of the same. Overspending and inability to balance a budget.

I will at least have peace of mind knowing I voted for someone who I thought might actually try and change the country for the better.

3. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

But you will vote for a guy who ran around with communists and attended a church whose preacher preached nothing but hate because it was politically expedient to do so?

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

I did that last time, and am still waiting for that peace of mind. You are served the same shit sandwich, whether you ordered one or not.

5. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

That's because you're a [uck fay]ing idiot. If you had brains, you'd know that you just, in effect, voted for one of the 2 major parties.

6. Phil Gates

Phil Gates New Member

I'm well aware of what will happen. Tennessee will go Republican. My vote will mean nothing.

But at least I know I voted for the person I thought would actually help.

7. Phil Gates

Phil Gates New Member

God help the poor [uck fay]er who gets you as his public defender.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't have the cold war boogey man fear of communists that some do. I've met many communists. While the communist governments have been horrific, communism as an ideal is not such to me.

I'm not going to defend Wright. He is just one of many men of God who have preached hatred in one form or another. Mormons certainly have some skeletons.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't think anyone can help. America is in a dark time.

10. Phil Gates

Phil Gates New Member

Communism as an ideal with humans (naturally greedy) is A-OK.

It just doesn't work.

11. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

I don't have a fear of communism either. It's just your typical extremist view that's completely devoid of practicality and reality, kind of like our retarded friend, Phil.

12. Phil Gates

Phil Gates New Member

You are overly angry. You may need to see someone about that.

13. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Not angry at all. Just think you're a pseudointellectual douchebag. That's all.

14. Phil Gates

Phil Gates New Member

Deny it all you want...

15. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Almost missed this little gem. Nice work avoiding debating the point.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ftr, I wouldn't mind drawing lawvol as my public defender. At least you know he would fight.

17. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Since Law brought up the whole Wright deal, I wanted to express that I think the Wright situation is a perfect example of the Chinese finger traps that are so prevalent in politics and why I usually don't give a shit about "associations" or any other Seven Degrees of Kevin Bacon nonsense.

First of all, I don't for a second believe that Obama is a practicing, much less devout, Christian and, most likely, couldn't care less about religion. I think it's pretty obvious, right? However, in the 90s, you have Obama as an outsider, Harvard grad, intellectual type trying to get South Side Chicago people organized. What's the one way in which a guy like him can ingratiate himself to a lower income black community? The influential "super church" of the inner city with the charismatic preacher. So, he sits in a few times, gets to know the preacher and now has an in to the community. Which works well, until....

Suddenly, the same guy is running for president and a minute and a half audio segment spread out over a few years of the dude spouting some stuff that resonates with the average inner city black audience, but certainly not an electorate, gets put out into the public. You can't disown the guy by saying what really happened, as in "Hey, I just needed the guy to get some ins with the locals. Hell, I'm not even religious.". No, now you've pissed off the black community by selling the preacher out to placate (presumably) white voters, look like a sell-out period while trying to pander and, on top of all that, you know you can't lose your connection to the one church you know because, heaven forbid, you aren't a regular Sunday-going devotee of Christianity.

Considering all this, I typically give two shits to the contorted situations politicians find themselves in due to the games they have to play in order to get to their position. I don't care about Jeremiah Wright or Bill Ayers (probably the most ridiculous stretch of political connect-the-dots hatchet work within recent elections), Mitt Romney being forced to give speeches at Bob Jones or even if George W. Bush used cocaine in college. Unless he was planning to suck [Richards] in the Lincoln bedroom to pay for his habit, I don't give a rat's ass.

But, such is the game that is played. So much of this stuff is simply a game of Gotcha! and blaming people for stuff that they have so little control of, like gas prices or not magically fixing the Arab-Israeli conflict. Determining what is relevant and what is not gets more and more difficult as we get a greater amount of useless information tossed at us.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2012
  18. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

No, no.....he nailed me, IP.

Gunslinger, this one.

19. Tenacious D

Tennessee to red? Bold.

I'm interested to learn of what hope you continue to hold out for President Obama's ability to "actually help", exactly. That is, barring some world-crisis which requires a game of pick up bball amongst world leaders. If that, then he's our guy, for sure.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2012
  20. Tenacious D

Would be arguing with the gallery before court commenced, just to warm up.