Romney Intends to be "Unapologetically Aggressive" Toward Obama

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Jun 4, 2012.

1. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Huh? I listed bills in which bi-partisan efforts made the difference in an above post and those weren't the only ones. It's not hard to find stuff where the Democrats worked with Bush, but I have yet to see anything remotely similar to that under Obama. They don't want to make an effort, make suggestions, nothing. They are singularly focused on gaining power, as usual for the Republicans.

2. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Well, they are really addressing two different points, which is why they are separated, but, fair enough.

3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

patriot act and iraq war was after 9/11. the american public demanded it. no child left behind isn't exactly something people are going to vote against. i assure you if 80% of the american public wanted universal healthcare and taxing the rich there are enough republicans who would go along with it to pass it. fact remains that obama was been pushing an awful lot of politics that are not popular with the vast majority of the republican voting base. i very much doubt that democrats would be going along with mccain in a similar situation.

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Fair enough counterpoint. Just seemed like you it was all getting rolled up. I could be off. Not a strong reader.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

If you claim the American public demanded the Iraq War, you're just stumping.

6. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

That's total bullshit. The Dems supported the Iraq War, the Patriot Act, and No Child Left Behind because there was overwhelming public support and they had no other choice. If there wasn't, they would've been vehemently opposing it. The bottomline is that Republicans have done an infinitely better political job than Obama in swaying public support against his policies.

7. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

If the Dems didn't want an Iraq War, then they shouldn't have overwhelmingly voted for the Authorization for Use of Military Force. It's that simple; that was the same as voting to go to war with Iraq and everyone knew it.

8. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

demanded and supported are two seperate things. edit: i see my mistake. i meant they demanded a response.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Wait, I think you meant the Afghanistan War. That makes more sense.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

No it wasn't and no they didn't. Unless they're all liars.

Wait, let me guess. They're all liars. And their protests and hand-wringing immediately before and for years during and now after are all lies.

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

no i meant they demanded a response for the afghanistan war and 9/11 made iraq much more politically popular than it would have been otherwise. this is why almost none of the senate voted against the iraq war. it had nothing to do with the democrats trying to comprimise with the president.

12. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

So, they didn't know when they passed the Authorization of Use of Military Force Against Iraq that it meant war against Iraq? It says "Iraq" on the resolution. If they're that stupid, they should immediately resign. It got a majority of Democratic support in the Senate, and I believe nearly 90 voted for it in the House.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2012
  13. IP

IP Super Moderator

It was sold to them as being part of a wide international effort. Instead, we got "the coalition of the willing."

14. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

It seems that those anti war protestors (code pink,etc) have disappeared from the scene since Obama has taken over or the media is doing a great job of covering it up.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

Obama gets constant whining from his base about the war. Not demonstrations, but he isn't getting a total pass.