Semi annual volnation thread

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by OrangeEmpire, Mar 28, 2013.

1. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

It wasn't normal either.

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Watch the game where he completed 23 in a row.

He owed a big thank you to the receivers on about 8 of those.

3. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Fair point, but I don't think Dobbs can throw 23 straight passes that are within range of a receiver to make the catch.

4. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

the one incomplete was a drop, too

5. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Many of Tee's passes were of the high completion percentage type, several thrown behind the line of scrimmage. I think when a ball is not caught downfield it should be considered a lateral.

6. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

He's faster than Tee is today.

7. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Fair.

8. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

But in the biggest moments, he was dead solid. The two throws against State in the Georgia Dome to save the season, the bomb to finish Florida State, the last drive against Syracuse in the opener, the game at Georgia when we choked them out. Give me that guy. I'm a hell of a lot more fond of guys winning championships than guys trying to be a hero to the Draft Kings crowd.

9. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

He was at winning time, but a lot of those late game situations existed because he couldn't hit the ocean from a raft earlier.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I'm with you there. People fall all over themselves saying "look at how great they are, the stats say it's true" but they never won shit and couldn't win shit because they made boneheaded decisions.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

But he won and that's all that really matters.

12. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

UT won. That defense won.

13. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Thank you, BPV.

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Just win, baby.

15. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

They're comparing the 2012 hype to 2015 hype and some guy over there says he was more excited for 2012 Vols and thought they'd only lose 1 game, Alabama.

Just a reminder that there are people there who thought Dooley could win big...as late as 2012.

16. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

I thought the offensive firepower on that team could overshadow Dooley's shitstain of a legacy and, at least, make a bowl game. Realistically, I thought they'd win 8 or so and end the damn Florida streak, so I guess I was right there with them in naivete.

17. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

I thought they'd win 7. Was scared to death they might get 8 because I knew that'd get Dooley an extension.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

That 2012 offense was so good on paper in July.

19. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

The funny thing is that even those of us who were scorned to shreds as negavols were overly optimistic about how well we'd do in 2012.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

I still don't know how we didn't win 7 games. Let alone only winning 5.