Should All Votes Count, Equally?

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Apr 20, 2016.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

She shouldn't have to. Being registered to vote should be enough.

2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

it's certainly easy as shit in California. and no i don't think it will swing an election, but that still doesn't mean it's not stupid to ask for id like we do for basically everything else.

3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Is registration not also an impasse? I do not think voter fraud is that prevelant, but each fraudulent vote disenfranchises a voter. An ID requirement might disenfranchise someone. Which is the least wrong?

4. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Horsecrap.

5. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

so let me get this straight. the conspiracy theory is that republicans are putting forth legislation to reduce people's access to govt IDs in the hope that they can get a voter ID law passed which somehow will effect so many potential voters that it will swing future elections? this for a party who couldn't find anyone better than cruz?

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Not a conspiracy theory, more than one GOP leader has said as much.

7. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

How did you manage a 3 hour wait?

8. Beechervol

Depends on who the vote is cast for.

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Let's see it

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

Already linked two in this thread.

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

That's news to me

12. Beechervol

No background check?

13. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Your vote shouldn't count if you make less than 40,000 coconuts a year. And it should count for one extra vote for every 50K more you make.

14. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

There's been zero evidence that there has been fraud occurring, so this isn't a response to an actual problem that exists or has been proven to demonstrably exist. So, where does it come from? Why does it, coincidentally, limit the number of voters who, invariably, don't vote Republican? Surely, all this is just a coincidence, the no proof, all benefit situation here for promoting voter ID laws by Republicans.

15. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I'm assuming you readily admit that all Democratic policies regarding immigration are designed to established a giant voting bloc of Hispanic democrats.

16. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Old people vote republican too. I see no evidence whatsoever that it would hurt democratic voter turnout

17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Is it really so impossible that they actually are doing it to help voter fraud? It's laughable to believe there is some large block of people too lazy to get an ID who are also getting out to vote.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Unless you watch the ****ing news and see it happening in Wisconsin and North Carolina.

19. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

You mean except when it has no effect: http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/statements/2014/jul/17/jason-riley/black-voter-turnout-exceed-white-voter-turnout-eve/

20. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

North Carolina the state with record voter turnout this primary? http://www.newsobserver.com/news/politics-government/state-politics/article66053727.html