Tennessee High School Football Thread

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by MaconVol, May 5, 2012.

1. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Probably just the closest player to the photographer when he was ready to take the picture.

bigjintx likes this.
  2. bigjintx

bigjintx Chieftain

I still have that jersey that I model for the right price

3. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

NYY PM incoming.

4. bigjintx

bigjintx Chieftain

I teed that one for you

5. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

You know I already have that photo set. No need for doubles.

6. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Hey...

7. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

I don't keep up with TN high school football but a buddy I work with comes in every Monday to tell me how bad his alma mater, Coffee County HS, got blown out on the preceding Friday night. Update this morning ... Blackman was up 42-0 in the 2nd qtr.

8. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Client's son is an assistant there...............it's really a sad state of a program and just shows what football culture means to high school programs.

smokysbark likes this.
  9. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

There's more good coaches than good programs. Coffee county has a lot of issues that keeps in from winning, before they even step on the field.

CardinalVol likes this.
  10. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I've seen Brentwood, BA, Cane Ridge, Franklin, MBA and Pearl Cohn play this year so far. Not sure where we are headed this week.

11. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Didn't Alontae Taylor graduate from there?

12. CardinalVol

He did. And if it wasn't for him, that would have been the worst football team I would have ever seen outside of very bad 1A schools. They were terrible.

13. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

Yea and my buddy tells stories about them scoring 42 points in a game and Taylor scored all 7 TDs.

I think he transferred there in his high school years from somewhere else.

14. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I’d like to know more about this, but have no connection / don’t know anything about this team.

15. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

0-7 on extra points. Damn.

16. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

There's a lot of egos and small town politics between the county school "coffee county" and the city school "tullahoma".

It's honestly pretty rare for a program to be run well and there's a lot of places that will never have that kind of culture. No matter who is coaching because it's always going to be an upstream battle

17. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

Hahaha ... got eeem

18. CardinalVol

Taylor's senior year, Coffee Co. went 1-9 and Tullahoma went 0-10. Coffee Co.'s only win was..............Tullahoma.

19. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Right but both of them are fine with sucking as long as the other one sucks too. They both cut each others throats, while if you can play you just take a short trip up I24 and find a program serious about football.

20. CardinalVol

And there's about 8 of them to some varying degree.