Tennessee High School Football Thread

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by MaconVol, May 5, 2012.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Anyone looking for a head coaching gig to open up should keep a close eye on Halls, IMO.

Very, very close.

3 straight passes from your own 6” line will have that affect.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2018
    NYY likes this.
  2. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Holy crap. I finally got in, and we're only down by 7.

3. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Just witnessed a roughing the passer call when the quarterback hadn't released the ball at the time contact occurred. No helmet to helmet or anything like that either.

4. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Is the QB white? The defender black?

5. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Nah, the only black kid on either team was in the secondary at the time.

6. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Bad call

7. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Holy crap the clock official. So we're up by one, 34 seconds left in the game, third down, QB gets the ball, clock doesn't start on the play at all. He starts the clock sometime after the play is whistled dead but doesn't restart the play clock. Someone help me out. Is it a :25 second clock at that point or a :40 in high school?

8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

They throw him out of the game?

9. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

3 turnovers and getting mauled up front will get anybody beat.

10. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

BGA in Franklin (TroyFleming school) qb has been lighting it up. 300+ yards and several tds each game. He was my flag qb for 4 seasons. lost track of him and his dad and saw his name in highlights. Then I look at TN hs stats and my neighbor/friend/in wedding that I've known since I was born has a son at qb for St. Georges that is tearing it up. Pretty cool to see old friends with kids playing well.

11. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

My dads alma mater got beat by mine 62-35 last night. Talk about underachieving football programs. Chattanooga Central should be about ten times better than it is. A whole bunch of athletic skill players and a whole bunch of 250-280 lb linemen but middling at best in a mediocre 4A division. The area does get raided by the private schools, but there should still be enough there, IMO.

When I played they were a lot like Pearl Cohn. Looked like a college team getting off the bus but by the 4th you knew you had 'em beat.

justingroves likes this.
  12. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Got a W last night and a defensive touchdown to boot. Time to go drink some cold beer in Knoxville and celebrate UT WGWTFA.

Volst53, Tenacious D, kmf600 and 2 others like this.
  13. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Potential landing spot for Butch? NYY as DC?

14. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I feel personally attacked while reading this.

CardinalVol likes this.
  15. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

My alma mater, mighty Loretto high, managed to hang on last night for their first win of the year. Took a blocked extra point to keep it out of overtime late in the 4th, but it was a win.

16. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

The previous softball and girl's basketball coach at Loretto is now coaching the same sports at Brooks in Killen. My daughter loves the guy. Seems like a good hard nosed coach that all the players love.

17. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Headed to Brentwood at Ravenwood. For you invol, I coached at least 10 of these kids in basketball, baseball or flag when they were 6, 7, 8 years old.

18. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

East Hickman is not very good at the game of football.

19. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Theres cheatin', and then theres this from Oneida amd south green

justingroves likes this.
  20. Customtaco

Customtaco Member