The Death of Ahmaud Arbery

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, May 5, 2020.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

what is the connection to this thread? why did you post it here?

2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Unjust killing, racially motivated and it was a live thread. Move it if you have a problem with it.
    In last 129 pages, have you asked anybody else why they make a post thats not about Ahmaud? It should keep you busy to go back and check.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

The themes have been that justice was not being sought, and even that LE was complicit. An arrest was made on this case in like the first 24 hours. Breonna Taylor's killers have not even been charged with wrong-doing. It to Arbery's killers actually releasing video thinking it exonerated them for them to be arrested MONTHS later. So this isn't really an example of that. It's a horrible tragedy, but the justice system is working as it is supposed to on it.

4. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

The thread was started for a man killed where his killers were not brought to justice. There was the outrage. Where am I supposed be outraged here? The guy is in prison. He will receive justice. You notice how the protest for Arbery died out when the men were charged? That's why.

Now, this poor kid's killer is charged, yet the outrage continues. It's almost as if it's not about the child anymore, or never was.

5. Ssmiff

Go look at topics and posts in this thread not onyour exact declared topic, repost them and ask the posters the same thing. You posted about lasers 2 pages ago.

6. Ssmiff

Off [uck fay]ing topic

7. Ssmiff

And this has to do with Ahmaud? Off [uck fay]ing topic.
    You want me to keep going?

8. Unimane

These were all part of conversations tangential to the social justice. Are you saying this incident is, as well?

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Something that happened during the protests for Floyd.

I'm glad the child murderer is arrested. I wish all murderers were. That little boy's life is clearly valued. I wish the lives of black people were valued a lot more often than they are.

10. Ssmiff

Judas priest the drama from the same posters. Move it. Erase it. Call it whataboutism, say its off topic, who cares. Shove it up your ass and move on, social warriors.

11. Unimane

Once again, you blame others for what you have a part in causing. Why is it so impossible for you to have a conversation without all the nonsense? You were given some specific points and questions, yet can't seem to cope, or don't want to do so, whatever.

You were asked why you brought this topic up. Instead of answering, you listed a collection of posts and said "What about these?" (Not verbatim, but essentially.). I asked about what was I supposed to be the outrage in this story? Again, you can't answer and, instead, get pissy about "social warriors". This really isn't that hard and, if you take 2 seconds to do some self-reflection on these responses, you'll see where you go wrong.

12. Ssmiff

Wrong. I was asked and responded i posted it here due to it being racially motivated, hot on social media and this thread was the active one.
    You just didnt like the answer, which didnt fit your one sided brain, and decided to turn it into one of your horsehit blame games or attacks on blm or whatever you are [itch bay]ing about at that hour. I mean, you spend your daily life angy and crying. Stfu

13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Everything I’ve seen about the white child’s death is disappointment in the lack of media coverage of the incident, the point being that the media only wants to cover stories that go along with their narrative.

14. Unimane

Your second paragraph doesn't match the timeline of the first, you know. Your passing reference to it being racially motivated (What? The shooting? The response?) was after the stuff you are saying in the second paragraph. So, no, you didn't really give an answer. It has nothing to do with my "one sided brain" when I'm criticizing you for not actually giving a response. When you give one and try to engage in a real discussion, then we'll see.

But, again, this "bias" thing is stupid. Everyone has a point of view.

Otherwise, cry me a river. You come and [itch bay] and moan about us, then crawl off when it is given back at you. Just deal with it, as we do with you, or stop confronting people in such a manner that isn't related to crafting an argument.

15. Unimane

Yes, in the sense of "if this were a black kid then..." sort of thing. That's the narrative I'm seeing along with the appropriation of the BLM protest slogans. I'm not sure why this story is supposed to be covered by national media over other children who have been murdered, but I think I got the motivation for the criticism of it just right. If we didn't have these protests this summer and this murder occurred without much national limelight, would it still be an outrage? Because I can do a quick Google search and find dozens of kids killed this year which didn't make national news. Very few murders, anyway, are of a national scope or interest without some angle, remaining just local news.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2020
  16. IP

IP Super Moderator

If I really wanted to just move it because I wanted to give you a hard time, I would have just moved it man. It's fine. I thought maybe there was an angle I wasn't seeing. And maybe there is, but I still don't see it. I am not moderating it away because of when I gave you the joke "warning" for asking a "what if" that would have taken away the 1998 undefeated season, and you got upset despite it having no effect or meaning whatsoever.

17. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

This Jacob Blake shooting looks bad. I'm sure there is more to the story but from the video it looks like the police once again overreacted. I just don't understand why these guys can't use their tasers to take a guy down instead of unloading there guns.

IP likes this.
  18. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

not being in law enforcement, I cannot fathom it. But I wonder if there is some culture issue where they are being taught "treat everyone as if they are going to kill you because you are a cop" instead of actually being a fellow citizen who is hired to enforce the laws.

19. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

You could be right (which is really sad). It just looks really bad and things are only going to get worse when you see things like this happen.

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

They are taught it's a life or death situation, which 99 times out of 100 it isn't.

I respect the good cops and I feel for them when a shithead cop makes them all look bad

CardinalVol, SetVol13 and zehr27 like this.