The Death of Ahmaud Arbery

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, May 5, 2020.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

In the subsequent unrest this weekend, a cop got hit by a thrown brick and knocked out cold. Never heard how he is, but that has to be a serious injury too. Obviously there is no justification for that. But it does show that there are ripples beyond the moment where the police feel like they do not have control of a situation and unilaterally escalate to lethal force. It may make them safer in that exact moment, but it is making all of us less safe overall. That shooting was completely unnecessary and avoidable.

SetVol13 likes this.
  2. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Agreed.

3. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

They drive home the message if you hesitate you don’t go home.

A popular video they during training is an old veteran that is the town drunk shooting a cop because he didn’t want to act from previous encounters with him.

the car video footage shows the veteran loading his single shot shotgun while the cop is telling him to put it down. The veteran then shoots the cop and the cop lands on his broadcasting his dying breaths.

4. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I hope all of these businesses experiencing these peaceful protest are able to recover. So much peace.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I'm sure they'll recover from all the tea dumped in the harbor.

6. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

7. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Did they and those that support them claim to be peaceful too?

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

I hope Jacob Blake recovers and his attempted killer is charged.

9. fl0at_

Yes. There were those peacefully protesting. And those not peacefully protesting.

Just like now. Unlike now, the country honors and celebrates the non peaceful protest.

It isn't like people talk negatively about the Boston Tea Party, when vandals trespassed onto private property, and vandalized a private business.

And even though many prominent figures denounced the action, they accepted it as part of the overall change.

And now here we are.

10. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Yet you specifically called out those that dumped the tea in the harbor. Did those dumping tea in the harbor claim to be peacefully protesting?

11. fl0at_

Where do the people not peacefully protesting claim that they, themselves, are peacefully protesting?

12. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I agree but am not sure that I understand the point that you are trying to make about the "peaceful" protest.

13. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

You are right. It is my imagination that people protesting, media, people on here have ben calling them peaceful protesters, peaceful protest, etc.

Me and Google have it wrong.

14. fl0at_

There are peaceful protestors. There are people not peaceful protesting.

The peaceful protestors ARE peaceful protestors. The people not peaceful protesting ARE NOT peaceful protesting.

Don't lump them all in together. That is what you are doing. Other people are able to bifurcate. Try it.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

The origin of the protest was an act of violence and injustice, which continues because the offender has not even been charged with a crime. These things persist because the underlying triggers persist.

16. fl0at_

People are so [uck fay]ing stupid, its amazing.

Your average American, Facebook user: "Why does the media keep covering all these school shootings, if they didn't cover them, people wouldn't do it."

The same person: "Why does the media not cover all these riots, and only focus on the peaceful protestors?"

utvol0427 and IP like this.
  17. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

The furor regarding those who are not peaceful protestors is 10% concern about the property destroyed and 90% about the ability to avoid focusing on the concerns of the peaceful protestors.

18. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I thought the underlying trigger was Trump having Feds in Portland. The back flips that people do to avoid a focus on the violence, justify it, and blame others. This gets so confusing.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2020
    Indy likes this.
  19. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Horse [uck fay]ing shit pc answer. You really think the rioters are still upset or ever were upset about George Floyd? Absolutely ridiculous

20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

"Mostly" peaceful.