The NBA Thread.

Discussion in 'Sports' started by GahLee, Oct 27, 2012.

1. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

Harden has scored 30+ in 21 straight games, carrying his team to a 15-6 record in that span, and he’s averaging 52 over his last 5 games...and the last 3 weeks of this thread is nothing but complaints about him. I get it because of the aesthetics of his game, and the fact that he gets plenty of praise from the media, but it’s still kinda funny.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2019
  2. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

I hate hero ball and he is the epitome of hero ball. Reminds me of Kobe in the post-Shaq, pre-Gasol era. Just shooting for records.

3. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

The NBA created this level of his play too. He would still be a good player but he gets away with so much shit and perimeter defense is pretty much illegal now

4. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

And he’s allowed to take 8 steps without being called for a travel.

utvol0427 likes this.
  5. YankeeVol

YankeeVol Member

You are not alone

6. YankeeVol

YankeeVol Member

I really don't think he would be anything but average

7. GahLee

Don't get it mistaken, he is an elite offensive talent. He is getting buckets in any era. Just so happens he plays in the perfect era for his game.

8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

List the teams they’ve beat, and their rank in their respective conferences.

9. NashVol11

The list includes the top 6 teams in the West besides themselves (including @Warriors), as well as Toronto and Boston from the East. “They haven’t played anyone” is not at all a strong argument in this case.

10. GahLee

Welp.

11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Anthony Davis asks to be traded... let the fun begin!

12. YankeeVol

YankeeVol Member

Is anyone surprised?

13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Not necessarily, but the situation is intriguing nonetheless.

From what I've read/heard, the Lakers can trade for him right now, but their main trade pieces seem to have lost value during the time LeBron has been out. I'm not sure the Lakers are a title contender this year, even if they add Davis, and I'm not sure what other pieces they could add to get them there.

The Celtics can offer significantly more for Davis, but from what I read, they can't offer anything until a later date (want to say summer?).

14. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Surprised hes not Unis favorite player.

15. YankeeVol

YankeeVol Member

Yea after July 1st because of the Rose rule

16. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Because uni-brow?

I'm too busy enjoying my Bucks actually being good this year for anything else. It's been a good basketball year thus far. Only Duke or Kentucky winning a title or early exits by the Vols or Milwaukee could ruin it.

Ssmiff likes this.
  17. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Giannis got blocked 7 times last night.

18. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Just for fun, let's say Davis gets traded to the Lakers, and the trade is set up in a way that allows the Lakers to go after another big name free agent this offseason.

Who could they mix with AD and LBJ to give them the best shot at challenging for a title next season?

Klay?
    Kyrie?
    Jimmy Butler?
    Kemba?
    Kawhi?

19. NashVol11

Not Butler, because his ego is ridiculous, but really anyone on that level would work. Especially the first two.

20. NashVol11

Kawhi is the best player on that list, I just don’t think he’s joining LeBron.