The NBA Thread.

Discussion in 'Sports' started by GahLee, Oct 27, 2012.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

KD to the Nets

2. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Is KD-Kyrie-Deandre Jordan any better than KD-Russ-Harden was? Doesn't seem good enough to me.

3. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Kyrie-KD doesn’t seem like a good combo in terms of personalities.

4. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Kyrie-anyone honestly. Maybe they go full tank year one without KD to cheese another top player, I guess that could make some sense.

5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

DeAndre Jordan going there too.

6. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

Brooklyn has a good team already, though. LeVert was better than Russell when he was healthy, Dinwiddie is good and guys like Allen and Harris are solid as well. They’ve drafted and developed players about as well as anyone.

7. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Bucks to sign Middleton for $178 mil over 5 years. Dumb, but they are committed to keeping this group together.

8. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Unless he gets taken hostage

9. NashVol11

What choice do they really have? Let Giannis’ one All-Star teammate walk, replace him with some role players and expect him to still sign an extension? It would be like LeBron’s first Cleveland tenure when there was nothing around him.

10. dknash

dknash Chieftain

I don't follow closely enough to understand the salary cap, but are they going to have all those pieces for 2021-2022?

Either way, the Lakers haven't even made their third move yet, and I'm not sure the Nets passed them, even with a healthy KD.

11. Unimane

He made one all star game and they are paying him like a top ten player. Someone else going to pay him $35 million a year with a 5th year option? It's a dumb contract for a guy who's a borderline all star who benefitted from being the #2 in a loaded offense with the MVP.

Would you want to build a team around Kris Middleton? With this money, they could get 2 guys and still have 90%, or better, of his production.

12. NashVol11

They can’t just pay him less. If they don’t max him out, someone else will and you just disrespected your second-best player. It wouldn’t be 5 years elsewhere (4) and it’d be a lower number, but offering the max means something.

Plus, I’m pretty sure they can and are going over the cap to re-sign him, which they can do because he’s already there. They wouldn’t just have $35M to spend if he left, and probably not even $10M.

13. Unimane

If someone else signs him for that kind of money, fine. Dude averaged 16 points in last years playoffs and has one season over 20 ppg at shooting guard. He's nowhere near irreplaceable. I'd rather trade for someone like Josh Richardson than hamper us for 5 years with this contract for just a pretty good player in Middleton, especially if it costs us Brogdon.

14. NashVol11

Part of me agrees with you, but letting him walk is ballsy with Giannis up for an extension and after winning 66 games. They’d have to get another star (and idk what they’d trade for someone like Richardson; Miami loves him and he’s cheap) or it would be a terrible look.

15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I seem to remember someone in another thread telling me Middleton could replace Klay Thompson without a drop of lost production and no one disagreed.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2019
  16. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Whatever the 76ers just traded for JR.

17. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Tobias Harris got PAID.

18. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I guess I like the 76ers now.

NashVol11 likes this.
  19. NashVol11

Haha I don’t think the Bucks have an extra Jimmy Butler laying around

20. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

D’angelo Russell to golden state. Warriors giving him a max deal.