The NBA Thread.

Discussion in 'Sports' started by GahLee, Oct 27, 2012.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Killing his daughter is what more or less ended his campaign, but ya. Did everything right but doing the right thing.

2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Pretty much everybody in that show at least declared themselves king

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

I dunnt wunt it.

4. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

This Curry kid might work out.

5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Harden to the nets. Jesus, that roster is stupid good.

What was the trade that happened with Chris Paul a number of years back where the NBA stepped in and blocked it? Surely it couldn't have given a single team a better roster than what we are seeing here.

6. JohnnyQuickkick

7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

With Kyrie's current career trajectory, I do wonder if people will eventually look back on LeBron's title with the Cavs and consider it an even greater feat 10-20 years from now.

Around the time they won the title, everyone thought Kyrie could become a legitimate #1 on a lot of teams in the NBA. He couldn't make it work in Boston, and now he's struggling to make it work in Brooklyn despite having possibly the second best player in the league on his team.

I know you all say I look at everything through the lens of how it affects LeBron, and maybe I do, but Kyrie's stock was at its highest when he was teammates with LeBron on the Cavs, and it has continuously plummeted since he left.

8. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Kyrie is a little [itch bay].

9. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Attached Files:

10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/30721377/being-seen-weak-playoffs-fueled-me

"And I had to address that. I had to answer that. That fueled me. That put me in a place where I wanted to come back and be myself again."

1. Nobody cares what you do during the regular season. No one questions whether you can play. The narrative is that you disappear in the playoffs, which you can’t disprove until we get to the playoffs.

2. Saying shit like this just shows how self conscious you are and how much you hear the chatter, which probably contributes to the problem itself. Just feels weak.

11. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

wait is that real?

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

It's real.

A-Smith likes this.
  13. JohnnyQuickkick

He looks like a Tyler Perry character

14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

LeBron went for 46-8-6 last night, with 7/11 shooting from 3. Also heard a stat that he's had 15-5-5 in every single game this season. If I heard correctly, the only other person to ever do it was him 10 years ago.

He's gotta be the MVP at this point.

15. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Hope so. Have $500 on him at +1500

16. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Betting on him is gutsy. He's probably been deserving a number of times in his career where he hasn't gotten it, largely because people are fatigued. But there's really no way to deny what he's doing this season. He's got the simple stats, the advanced stats, the record, and pretty much everything else pointing his direction.

And, if it matters, he's in year 18 at age 36, on essentially no offseason, and has played in every single game. What he's doing this season is unprecedented.

17. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

18. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

utvol0427 likes this.
  19. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

It really has become a bit of a farce these days.

20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Why?

Not arguing, just curious to get your perspective.