The NBA Thread.

Discussion in 'Sports' started by GahLee, Oct 27, 2012.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

2. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

I agree with this, but to me that team this season was Milwaukee (as Uni sometimes complained). The Warriors had injuries but never really felt like a championship team just coasting

3. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Too many damn turnovers

4. Ssmiff

i know I’m biased but when they are searching for offense and Steph is on Grant. Post him up. Grant sat during the 15 pt turnaround in q4 last game and sat till this was a double digit lead tonight.

5. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Outside of being 0-6 from deep, Wiggins is having himself a nice little game.

6. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

7. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Got out to a 14-2 lead, been outscored 49-19 since.

8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I may be early with this, but it feels like we all missed out on Bucks/Warriors. Would have been epic.

9. Ssmiff

Tatum has been brutal but Celtics have too many HS type turnovers, dribbling into traffic and throwing up bs

10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Looks like Steph will finally get his finals MVP. It won’t be remembered long term, but I do find it funny/interesting that they won game 5 despite him playing horribly.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2022
  11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Maybe I’m a hater, but man, Steph has 4 championships, and it feels like you could put an asterisk on all of them:

1. Entire other team was injured except LeBron.
    2. Added Durant to a 73 win team
    3. See above.
    4. Didn’t have to play the defending champs, largely due to an injury to their second best player. Played injured squads in round 1 and 2.

A championship is a championship, but damn, things seem to line up well for him.

12. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Also, the moment felt too big for Tatum. Could have been fatigue, but he seemed lost and lacked confidence.

13. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

He was +15 in a 10 point win, 7/13 from 2, 4 rebs, 8 assists (led both teams), 2 steals (same # of steals Boston had as a team), and only 1 turnover. He shot horribly from 3, and he was forcing them at the end to try to keep his streak alive, but he hardly played horribly overall.

I think you're confusing being a hater with just being mentally deficient.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2022
    chavisut and zehr27 like this.
  14. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Hate it for Williams and Stevens but it's nice to see a shitty fan base like Boston lose.

NashVol11 likes this.
  15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

People want to have it both ways. Calling him top 10, comparing him to LeBron, but then talking themselves into how his bad game really wasn’t that bad. “I know he shot 32% from the field, but he was 54% from 2!” Lol

Call that game whatever you wanna call if. It’s not common for a “top 10” guy to win an NBA finals game despite shooting that poorly.

16. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2022/6/17/23172377/steph-curry-warriors-nba-finals

NashVol11 and chavisut like this.
  17. Volsdude

Volsdude Well-Known Member

This might be your most pathetic take yet. That dude was everything he’s been billed to be this series against the #1 defense with Andrew Wiggins as his #2. Get your eyes off the stat box and watch the game, he dominated.

18. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I agree that he dominated the series. I don't agree that he dominated that game. And his team won despite his poor performance.

The stat box is what played up this Boston team in the first place. I've been saying for weeks that I don't think they're as good as the advanced analytics claim. Needed 7 games to beat a Bucks squad without Middleton. Needed 7 games to close out a Heat squad with multiple key injuries. Excellent defense is great, but you've got the only other alleged superstar in the series going for 12 points in game 1 (and people tried to explain that away as a good game, too) and 13 points in the close out game.

19. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I want to be clear that I'm splitting hairs, here. Things I'm not saying:
    • Steph sucks
    • Steph doesn't deserve this Finals MVP
    • Steph was bad in the series
    • Steph doesn't deserve to be in the discussion for one of the top 10-15 best players of all time
    Without making the list in my head, Steph is a top 15 guy for me, no question. May even be Top 12 or Top 10, though I'd have to think through it a bit to say for sure. But once you get into that territory, there's not much separating everybody, so you have to split hairs.

20. Volsdude

Volsdude Well-Known Member

I agree this Boston team was good but not great. That’s why I was kind of hinging my opinion of steph and friends upon whether or not they won this title. But steph [uck fay]ing delivered. Dray and Klay either have Father Time knocking at their door or need another off-season to get right. But Boston can play defense 1-9 and steph torched them. His stats were good this last finals game and he didn’t get to the line until garbage time despite driving plenty enough to get there (I think the refs/NBA wanted this one to be closer/go to 7, but I’m a conspiracy theorist like that). Beyond his stats, he played each possession according to what Boston was giving him, which won’t show up, but there were hockey assists and steph gravity affected plays throughout. He played like an all time great this series maybe more than he ever has before.

it’s just not these Celtics time which is why I didn’t think they really had a chance. Finals experience is so key and now they have it so Wel see if they get back what happens. I will say, Tatum sticking around for the celebration and hugging all the warriors was really weird combined with his Kobe texting stuff he just comes off as a guy who’s more worried about what people think of him than winning. I love his game and think he’s really really good, but that was gross.

InVolNerable likes this.