The Texas job

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Volgrad98, Dec 15, 2013.

1. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

I know many here could care less and we have heard some of the names floated around but I was curious, do any of you think Texas would consider a guy like Chad Morris?

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That would fit Texas perfectly

3. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

He sure has a Texas connection, no doubt about that. I would think they are looking for someone a little more proven first. If they pick Morris lots of people have said no.

4. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Saban's name is still floating as well as Jim Harbaugh. I think Saban is more likely, bust still doubtful.

5. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Harbaugh refused to sign an extension with the 49ers this season. Does make you wonder

6. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Going to be an interesting week

7. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I just think he is fishing for more money. He flat told USC to get lost.

8. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

9. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

Why in the world would Harbaugh leave a successful run to go rebuild a college program? I don't get that. I'd be more inclined to think they could land Saban before Harbaugh.

10. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Stop it. No it doesn't.

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

That's my guess too. Or he doesn't like the 49ers management which wouldn't be surprising. I very much doubt he wants to go back to college

12. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

They have a better chance of hiring me than they do any Harbaugh, ever.

13. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

York isn't letting him walk right before he opens a brand new billion dollar stadium.

14. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

That's probably what harbaugh's agent thinks too

15. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

I'm amazed that people continue to buy into the idea that there is some grand allure to the Texas job. Look at the coaches they have hired in the last 40 years. Mack Brown is so far ahead of the rest of the group it's not funny. He's the exception, not the rule.

16. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Exactly.

17. snoball5278

snoball5278 Contributor

nice post. i think that's all the more reason they, at the very least, make one last run at saban. i don't think they will get him, despite my hopes, but that won't stop texas boosters from trying to throw the bank at him.

18. syndicate

syndicate Well-Known Member

Hat's OU bias is showing. Texas has a shit ton of money, the best recruiting area, and their own tv network. Hiring bad coaches in the past and historical under achieving does not make Texas a bad job.

19. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

What is Saban's buyout?

20. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

It could be a hot bed. However... After decades of bad hires, there's no reason to think that Texas will mysteriously get this one right.