the UK apparently leaving the EU....

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by JohnnyQuickkick, Jun 23, 2016.

1. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

He defiantly inserted himself into it and connected it with what is happening here.

Starts at 9:40 - https://charlierose.com/videos/27957

2. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Thank you. Obama has a habit of coming in like "listen to your 'ole dad here!" and when he gets spurned he acts like a guy who got turned down for a prom date. its bad enough when he pulls that elitist bullshit here but it's even worse when he goes to a foreign country to lecture people on how to handle their own business....

3. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

It wasnt pinned on him. He was laughed at for trying to insert himself into a situation and making no difference at all or even a negative one.

4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I would

5. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Germany is the key. If they bail it all goes to shit. They seem to be willing to continue the course though

6. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

The only aspects of the EU that I thought was a good one was having a common European market for goods and allowing EU members easier travel between countries. My uneducated opinion is that the UK sees a short dip over the next few months and sits in a better position when its all said and done.

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

What I don't have a handle on is what this means for the sovereign debt they hold of the other members. I assume status quo

8. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Man junk debt is already getting hammered

9. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

This isn't a liberal scaremongering. Britain rejected markets, labor mobility, and free exchange. It isn't about independence. It is about ensuring that certain Brits get handouts, while others do not.

I never thought I would see again in my lifetime having to so vigorously defend free markets and why we should have them.

10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

If you the one funding a lot of these handouts to other countries you might disagree

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I don't want to be long over the weekend. The headline risk has to be off the charts. In the end I don't think it's going to effect us much, but no one really expected this to happen and I bet the unintended consequences are going to be reported in the next 48 hours.

12. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

The leave side is composed of far right and Labor, two groups openly hostile to markets, but for different reasons. If the Brexit stands, they are looking at years of internal fighting about who is getting subsidized and which entitlements to dole out.

13. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Could just be the beginning, Dros. Even if Germany remains resolute, it appears other countries are likely to follow. We may be in tumultuous waters for some time.

14. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

If part of nafta was us giving Mexico $500 billion in loans and it was used primarily for them to fund social programs and let people retire at 59, we probably wouldn't think very favorably of that ether.

15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I don't think the other countries can leave even if they want to. They need the backing of the eu to fund their debt. But you are right, the only thing that bails this out is the economy booming which seems extremely unlikely given the tax rates and politics in place.

16. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

I know you've mentioned before we are overdue for a large correction. Could this trigger the whole thing?

17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Historically there is always a trigger even if the trigger itself doesn't mean a coming recession. I think the headline risk over the weekend is huge. I actually sold out a couple of clients who had upcoming large capital needs yesterday though I didn't think this was going to happen. Just felt the risk to the downside in the next 6 months was much greater than the upside and why take the overnight risk.

18. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Obama infuriates the Brits as he threatens to send UK 'to the back of the queue' if they vote to leave the European Union

President Obama sparked fury by pressuring UK to stay in the EU and telling its citizens their nation's stranding would be diminished if it leaves

A US-UK trade agreement is not going to happen 'any time soon,' Obama warned today

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ell-British-voters-stay-EU.html#ixzz4CW43bcMr
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

[video=youtube;-CJbDz0ffjY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CJbDz0ffjY[/video]

19. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Notice the condescending use of the British "queue" as opposed using the word "line", which is what any other American would say... I know it's nitpicky but Obama is an ass. A snotty, phony, childish, pompous, self righteous, elitist ass.

20. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Hold up. Why can't it be about not having currency ties to plfreaking Spain or Italy and not being dictated to by Germany?