the UK apparently leaving the EU....

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by JohnnyQuickkick, Jun 23, 2016.

1. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

What currency ties? They have their own currency. All they've done is handed over their bargaining power and made it harder for themselves to export goods.

2. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Lol quoting the daily fail

3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

How is it handing over their bargaining power? Does anyone seriously think people are going to stop trading with the U.K.?

4. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

That's what I'm thinking. It may fall off for a bit until the butthurt subsides but long term, this is only going to help England. I see where France may be mulling over following suit. If anybody had an argument for stronger border enforcement it's France....

5. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Stop? Hell no, but they don't have the power to influence trade laws and regulations in the EU so they've just complicated trade in the EU. What was once a common set of regulations will now be further muddied and that can't be good for trade. And Britain may have all the chips but if it can't negotiate then they won't have them for long.

6. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I just don't agree. They need the U.K. More than the other way around

7. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

They have to live with the EUs dictation around currency values.

8. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Oh definitely but leaving doesn't suddenly make the UK stronger. It's made its economy weaker, and it's made the economies of its trade partners weaker. How is that a good thing?

9. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

In the short term, maybe but longer term this will be of tremendous benefit to the UK, which was what this was all about anyway.

10. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

They're going to have to do a lot of work to make this positive in the long term.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2016
  11. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

A smart preemptive move IMO because the people of Germany is going to get tired of paying the bills for every one else eventually too

12. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

A central body setting economic policy over disparate governments with different needs, mindsets and goals is absurdity.

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

only way it significantly hurts the UK economy is if it destabilizes the region and that ends up hurting their economy.

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

People are acting like this is terrible news for the world.

I don't see it

15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

sooner or later you knew either them or the germans or both were going to get sick of paying for the regions and world's problems. hopefully we can wake up too.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

18. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

meh. The major press is acting like it is because it's heavily liberal and globalization is a part of that agenda.

19. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

20. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

We$ was upset. Went on quite the rant on Twitter