The workout thread(Weighlifting/Running)

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by lylsmorr, Aug 17, 2011.

1. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Dan John

2. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

he's good too. Basically just a new twist on Star and Rippetoe with his ladder system.

Most wouldn't like it though due to not feeling like you're working hard enough

3. chavisut

His Easy strength routine?

He’s probably my favorite read and has a ton of varied stuff.

4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Mid year physical follow up today.

Had gained 7 pounds since May, and while everything was still normal, it is in the high end of normal.

Time to get serious and drop the weight. Been flirting around with it for years, but ive got to.

5. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Got my cholesterol levels back. 94 ldl, hdl 78, tri 69, 185 total.

Looks like I’ve got some wiggle room to indulge in all my kids Halloween candy.

6. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I'm letting my body figure out where it wants to be weight wise

NorrisAlan likes this.
  7. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

190 this morning. A little thick for me.

8. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

It's going to disappoint you.

9. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

When the bubble is in the middle, you’ll be on level

chavisut, CardinalVol and NorrisAlan like this.
  10. InVolNerable

What's the best power rack for in home gym? Finally bought a house with enough room for a dedicated workout area, and I've been looking at the Rogue R-3 or R-4.

I feel like there was a poster here at some point that dealt in this type of thing. @utvol0427 I think?

11. chavisut

I’m eventually going to get a Rogue stand. Don’t have the space for a rack at this point.

12. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

How do you guys get up the gumption to lift? I think about it and then go "god that is so boring".

I wish deep in my heart that I enjoyed exercising more, but I just cannot stand it.

13. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Find someone that enjoys it and will help hold you accountable.

chavisut likes this.
  14. chavisut

I enjoy it. Now that I'm over 30, my goal is to reach every birthday in as good or better shape than the last.

15. InVolNerable

I sit at the computer all day; I feel like a slop of shit if I don't get off my ass at the end of the day and do something physical.

lylsmorr likes this.
  16. chavisut

My hope is to have a home gym set up in March. Right now I go at 6 in the morning three days a week.

17. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I'm on board with invol. I sit all day and need the activity. The key for me has been finding the kind of exercise I actually like. I essentially do full body weight training twice a week and run (or stairmaster) twice a week.

I prefer just playing sports for cardio but my fat ass isn't running a basketball game right now.

18. chavisut

Yeah. I much prefer full body, compound type movements. Bench and squats are a lot more fun than tricep kickbacks and preacher curls.

I play kickball (not a lot of cardio lol) and try to play football sometimes.

19. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

You can't go wrong with either of these. We have R-3 for our weight room for football and they work great but I'd rather have the extra room from the R-4.

Titan makes an alright one if you want to save a few bucks, but Rogue is way nicer.

InVolNerable likes this.
  20. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I really like to eat, plus I feel like shit if I don't do anything.

Keep it simple and make it a habit.

chavisut likes this.