The workout thread(Weighlifting/Running)

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by lylsmorr, Aug 17, 2011.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Was she hot?

2. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

3. CardinalVol

Total net loss was 15 pounds, however, I lost a LOT more fat than that. Added a lot of strength, but not sure how much exactly.

Have tried to keep eating the same and lifting or walking 6 days a week.

chavisut likes this.
  4. chavisut

Nice. Significant drop in HR too right?

5. CardinalVol

Yes. From 77 to 70ish.

chavisut likes this.
  6. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Well since JayVols didn't purposefully flounder I'm guessing not.

JayVols likes this.
  7. CardinalVol

As much as I hate waking up early and getting out in the cold I feel a billion times better after I leave the gym.

JayVols, A-Smith and VOLinDAWGland like this.
  8. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

set up a bench next to treadmill and some dumbbells for me and one son. Will get a lot of use over winter. I'm into 2 30 minute workouts a day now and though i don't push hard at all, its easier than getting in the car to go not push very hard.

9. chavisut

I've been working out at home since Covid but I'm thinking of rejoining the gym just to go 1-2 a week on top of still doing kettlebells/bodyweight at home.

I loved going in early before work.

10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Got the Peloton on Saturday. Fiancee loves it. I haven't tried it yet. I'm sure I'll be sore as [uck fay] after the first couple rides, so I'm holding off until after flag football championships lol

11. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

It's a great investment. Hell of a ride and the intensity goes up really high.

12. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

There is definitely more energy at times at gyms that helps the workouts. And always those few people who just make you laugh or shake your head. I miss that as much.
    I've been working out in some form since I was 13 and feel like I just may be over it. Headed toward 52 and I'd rather just take a 10 minute nap which is like an adrenaline shot for me. Everything hurts. I think most adults who have had a dozen or so surgeries would be taking something daily to help but I dont. Just figure I will always hurt so it's a part, but its not very motivational to keep going recently and I'm there for like 20 minutes.

13. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

Started 20 hour a day fasts 3 weeks ago this coming Monday. In the 4 hours I can eat technically I can eat whatever I want as long as I stay under 2200 calories. I've been hitting well under that most of the time and it's more like a One Meal A Day regime. Only a few times have I went back to get something else to eat in that window. I like it because I eat and in 30-45 minutes I immediately start the fast clock over again and I can eat pretty much whenever I want to the following day. Some of my days my fasts are 22 hours, some 24, a couple 28 to 30 hours. I've dropped 20 pounds in the 3 weeks so far and feel quite a bit better. I'm pairing the fasting/weight loss with the X3 Workout Band system. Those bands from X3 are no joke. You can get a hell of a pump with them for sure. After several hernia repairs I've had to look for alternate ways to lift weights and this seems to be a pretty good solution so far. Some of these people that solely exercise with the X3 bands are totally shredded.

I need to start walking again and maybe some DDP Yoga to compliment the workout program. Doctor wanted me to lose 60 pounds in 6 months and 175 pounds total. I'm definitely trying my best so far - at least with this fasting and basically one meal a day it really takes the guesswork out of eating. I did figure out that I ate WAAAAAAAAAAY too much junk food and a lot of my eating during work was just because I'm bored. I never needed to eat any of that crap.

14. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Eh.

15. JayVols

Endorphins are a helluva drug.

I stay plumb give out throughout the week from swimming, but I feel like shit on the weekends when I don't swim. It just makes me feel better even if I'm too tired to hold my head up. Weird.

CardinalVol likes this.
  16. JayVols

I haven't weighed since I last posted, but I've felt/seen differences. I've gone from the next to last hole of my belt in July (on the fat side) to the last hole (on the less fat side). I was wearing 44 waist (minimum) in July. Found an old pair of 40 shorts last week & can wear them again. I go back to the doctor on the 7th. I'll weigh then.

Swimming Report *Warning: I've gotten into this a lot more than is healthy most likely. I'm keeping spreadsheets of my swims & my calorie intake/burns....*

Started my swim spreadsheet Nov 11th, so all info goes back to then only. Here are my numbers:

Total number of lengths (one way in 25m pool): 1,152
    Total laps: 576
    Average lengths/day: 104.73
    Average laps/day: 52.364
    Total feet: 84,182.092
    Average feet/day: 8,380.38
    Total miles: 17.459
    Average miles/day: 1.59
    Total calories burned from only swimming (according to a calories burned swimming "calculator": 13,329
    Average calories burned/day- swimming only: 1,212

On the 19th, I did 2.001 miles in around 2 hours.*
    Did 1.879 miles today in around an hour 45 minutes.

*Fell on my face after getting out of the pool, but dammit, I did it, 2 freakin' miles. My stubbornness is both a blessing & a curse.

I won't torture/bore you with my daily food intake/calorie spreadsheet.

My current bp is 125/71 with a resting heat rate of 49. Heart rate surprised me. Have been running around 53-54ish.

Savage Orange and Volst53 like this.
  17. CardinalVol

Good Lord man, that's awesome stuff.

18. JayVols

Thanks. I'm really trying. My hand & foot go totally numb after about 20 minutes, but it's not an issue. Buoyancy is an awesome thing.

Coolest thing is that I got my 74 year-old mom into doing water aerobics & rumba 5 days/week. She's even taking swim lessons now. She has never been able to swim because her mom was terrified she would drown & instilled a fear of water in her as a child. She jumped into the 13ft diving well last week. She had a flotation belt on, but that's a HUGE leap (literally) for her. I can't express how proud I am of her.

Unfortunately, I can't do shit on dry land. Even with my cane, I struggle mightily with my balance & strength. Don't have those balance issues in water.

19. JayVols

If you all are like me & can't just drink water all the time, try Mtn Dew Zero if you haven't. Zero sugar/calories, but I think it's the closest "diet" drink to its real deal counterpart I've found.

20. JayVols

Also, I'm an ice cream fanatic. Love the stuff.

Outlast is a frozen juice bar that has only 70ish calories/bar. They're really good too. I like the lime & pineapple (has real pineapple chunks in it too). These things have really satisfied my ice cream urges.