Trump is in

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by CardinalVol, Jun 16, 2015.

1. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

For what it's worth, this cycle for the Republicans strikes me as fairly similar to what happened in 2012. You have a more moderate candidate in Jeb Bush whom the base doesn't like as he isn't conservative enough, so they throw out some names that get hot from time to time (Often during a moment a period in which that hot name throws out some red meat to the crowd to get them excited). However, in the end, the Bush candidacy has a sort of an air of inevitability to it, as Romney's did in 2012. There will be some fireworks along the way, though.

2. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Seattle sees fallout from $15 minimum wage

Seattle’s $15 minimum wage law is supposed to lift workers out of poverty and move them off public assistance. But there may be a hitch in the plan.

Evidence is surfacing that some workers are asking their bosses for fewer hours as their wages rise – in a bid to keep overall income down so they don’t lose public subsidies for things like food, child care and rent.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...tcmp=ob_article_sidebar_video&intcmp=obinsite

3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

if the base didn't like Romney i'd think he wouldn't have won the nomination. democrats vastly overestimate the percentage of nutjobs in the republican base.

4. Unimane

I'm talking about the hard core conservative base that loves the red meat of Palin or Cain's "electrified fences". In 2012, they tried to get momentum for a number of various candidates instead of Romney, but Mitt's candidacy was steady and, eventually, overwhelmed the others with the support of the more mainstream, serious element of the party.

5. Unimane

By the way, it was mentioned earlier and by Obama in a speech, but I'm pretty confident in saying that Obama would stand a better than 50/50 shot of winning a third term, if he were able to run. And, that includes a primary challenge from Hillary.

6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Trump, as the candidate, is glorious.

Trump, as the President, is terrifying. Maybe that's what we need - I don't know.

My preferences, as of 7/30/15 and subject to change-

My favorites -

1. Rubio - I've liked him since he first started. I just do. No good reason, jsut like him. He's conservative but I think in a general election can appeal to the middle because he doesn't strike me as crazy.
    2. Walker - Anyone who can take on the unions like he did and survive has my attention.
    3. Bush - For the "job" part of being President, I think he's the most qualified of either party, hands down, and it's not close IMO. Just can't get overly excited about him.
    4. Christie - I am not certain he wants to do what it taken to win the nomination. Likeable, just not sure he can emerge.

The please be the VP and give us Ohio although if you won the nod (but I don't think you can) and picked Rubio as VP I'd be ok with it category -

5. Kasich

The I generally like them but they stand no chance nor would I vote for them because they could never win a general election in a billion years category -

6. Jindal
    7. Carson

The fun as candidate, terrifies me as President category -

8. Trump

The she's interesting and I'd love to see her tear Hillary apart in a debate but kind of wish she's drop out because she has no chance category -

9. Florina

The please just shut up and go away category -

10. Cruz
    11. Paul

The please get the heck out of this race and go far, far away because you know you have no chance deep down and only run so your ego can be soothed wth your 500 supporters every 4 years category -

12. Huckabee - he is tolerable only because he's a dang good bassit
    13. Graham - convinced only he is running because he just enjoys running for office
    14. Pataki - I am honestly not sure what he is thinking
    15. Perry - Just seceed from the union and set up your own dictatorship in Texas
    16. Santorum - I am on record that I would have voted for Obama before him in 12. Would do it a billion times over.

There you have it.

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

[​IMG]

8. Unimane

Not really. I think I've got the nature of the nutjobs about right when I make my observation that Trump doesn't stand much chance because that constituency makes a lot of noise, but, in the end, won't be able to unseat the more mainstream candidate. Tenny's the one selling Trump's wares.

9. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Shocker.

Edit, this was a reply to Voldad, but for some reason it didn't quote him

10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

well a divorced adulterer married to a woman 30 years younger isn't exactly going to get the religious crazies all that excited.

11. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

As long as he's not gay they'll overlook any potential moral flaws.

12. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Rubio just strikes me as an idiot. Everytime I hear him talk, it doesn't seem like there's a lot of there there.

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

he definitely a little palin-y. lots of catch phrases.

14. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

He reminds me of Tony, Elaine's boyfriend on Seinfeld. He's a mimbo.

15. CardinalVol

I just like him. I do agree he's got to come up with more. He's going to have to figure out his niche.

16. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I like him, too...but were he 12 years older, from Oklahoma and named "Smith", you'd never know who he was outside of that state.

17. CardinalVol

If Obama's name was Bernard Osborne, he'd never been President either.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

If you like Jindal, you're not paying attention to Louisiana.

19. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

He sucks.

20. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

He peaked several years ago as far as having a chance as a serious contender.