What the hell just happened?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Sep 4, 2017.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It's Butch's O, Scott just calls it

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Close, big 10

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

You have two legit playmakers, three if Jennings is ok. Get them the ball and compliment with wolf to keep defenses honest.

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Chandler can be another one, too

5. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

And Tyler Byrd.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Wolf looked good today.

7. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

There's zero question of this team having talent. The question is how much the subpar coaching will get in, or out of, the way.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Also, the defense forced two turnovers that the offense turned into 14 points.

9. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Won't win many playing like that, but it's 1-0

10. RevBubbaFlavel

RevBubbaFlavel Contributor

i thought dormady seemed scared in 1st half. and in fact i think in the jones era i am most impressed with the team when the players seem to play loose and just their athletic ability take control over their discipline or "coaching."
    might be untrue or unfair but i seem to think it so often watching tennessee in the jones era.

and jones himself always looks constipated, so i think the team reflects that until so much breaks down or they can find a grove on their own.

11. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Resiliency

12. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Solid.

13. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

The way he way gyrating that can I thought he was calling the defensive plays.

14. dc4utvols

dc4utvols Contributor

D line has got to play better. McKenzie was constantly getting knocked back 3 yards instead of punishing the other guy. If cut blocking was illegal GT wouldn't have done much tonight. That being said, team 121 had months to prepare for that sh*t and the guys were getting hacked down all night.

I liked what I saw out of Bituli, Warrior Abernathy, and Taylor.

I thought the O played well once it got past the jitters and dropsies.

Calloway, Kelly and Chandler all looked good.

15. dc4utvols

dc4utvols Contributor

Oh and Johnson is no longer undefeated against SEC and TN just extended its all time records.

16. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

3rd and 2, 3 seconds on the play clock, Tech is still lining up on the ball, Jones calls a timeout?

17. Butthole

Butthole Chieftain

Butch knows what's being called as well. It's Butch's offense and it sucks.

18. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

I went to bed early 4th qtr. UT looked abysmal in the first half but started waking up a little but I was really surprised to see we won when I got up and checked the score. [itch bay] still sucks as a coach but credit to the team for getting the win.

19. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Double OT and multiple miracles to beat a team with zero players recruited by SEC schools not named Vanderbilt. **** yeah!

20. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Hey, we're 1-0 this week. Now we just have to focus on being 1-0 next week after a short week of preparation.