What the hell just happened?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Sep 4, 2017.

1. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

4-3 cover 4. BDSD on the line taking away Dive. Safety comes down to motion side as the robber and to run the alley on pitch.

2. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

Top of all time

3. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

I remember that, but I assumed it was not serious. Update us if you know.

4. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Simplest fix the game has ever seen. ND did this to them a few years ago and shut them down completely.

5. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Questionable for Saturday.

6. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

I'm trying to figure out who up there (That matters) cares or has that opinion at this point.

7. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

My blind-assed guess: exactly zero people who matter

They're hoping to get to next year, at the very least, when the home schedule is more favorable for season ticket sales, and that this gives Butch one last season beyond the current one to prove that their patience with his imbecilic and inept ways was the correct one.

I'll be shocked if he is fired this season for anything better than 7+ wins. And he may have already gotten enough injuries to sell them on another year if he only hits 6 wins.

I will relish being proven wrong.

Again, JMHO.

8. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I think there is one who might take that opinion really quick if things don't go well.

9. Beechervol

Your point about the $ in next years home schedule shouldn't go unnoticed.

10. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Just a general question and not really a reply directly. When do injuries move from "unfortunate" and "just part of the game" to players being poorly prepared in one way or another?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

11. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

i'm not saying he should be given 2 years. Its my opinion that if he doesn't get to the SEC champ game this year or next, ticket sales and current barely hanging on booster support will plummet, recruiting will drop and the AD will have to make a change with Butch being 6 years in and not making it to a title shot in a down division. Whether its laughable or whatever, that's what I think will happen.

12. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I just don't see how anyone could possibly think barely getting past McElwain and Smart, then getting obliterated for the second time against Bama is some sign of progress. We are at best standing still with programs that are likely going to get dissatisfied and hire someone that will rocket them past us and are doing nothing to get anywhere close to being able to compete with the conference elite. I just can't fathom thinking that's OK in our flagship sport.

13. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

You mean WBB isn't our flagship sport?

14. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

The thing that bothers me it that is has to get to that point for a change to be made. Get rid of him now and save what's already in place, don't wait and have to start all over again. Everyone is scared that if we fire butch now that we will be stuck with another dooley and that's bs. I'm of the opinion that there are enough competent coaches out there that can get Tennessee competitive in the national picture again.

15. Beechervol

Depends on who you ask. Some (fans) will tell you its unfair to judge Jones when you have 16' level injuries. "Nobody wins with amount of injuries" (Straight from VN) Some see the lack of development behind these guys that went out to the point they were not (along with Jones) not able to beat 2 poor teams in SC and Vandy last because of it. And in that you have a problem in and of itself outside of a S and C issue. He got the heat off by hiring what appears to be a solid strength coach so I don't see where that screw up can be used going forward.

16. Beechervol

Yep. And to a degree I can understand the concern. Until UT decides it wants to play big boy football its hard to have much confidence that they are willing to make it better than Jones. Until the $ starts wavering they appear to be more than fine with 8 wins and mid tier bowl. Until they do something different I could see them going with another tshirt salesman on the short for the early payoff.

The "UT way" will be allowing it to go through the ditch and hit a tree before correcting. Leaving you with a smaller pool of interested replacements.

17. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

We're giving more time to Jones to get to an SEC championship (not win it) than Auburn gave to a guy that won them a National title.

Progress.

18. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

When your in state rival is bama, no time to play around. Our in state rival is vandy, and jones is .500 against them. How the **** does our guy still have a job?

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

When they're consistent. Last year, I lined out a lot of injuries and it was about 50/50 so called football plays (Kirkland's ankle as an example) and what appeared to be a training issue.

McKenzie's torn biceps could be put on the S&C staff, maybe but they do happen.