OWH Memorial Undead Topic

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by O+W=H., Sep 26, 2011.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I saw some good shows at the Bijou back in early 90s. Sold ads for The Daily Beacon and Bijou would place a pretty big one for their shows and give me a ticket.

2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

The Bijou is a great venue

justingroves likes this.
  3. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Saw Wolfmother there in like 2007 or 2008. Still one of my favorite shows ever, and venue contributed to it.

4. Ssmiff

Daylight savings time is the dumbest. I don’t understand what good it would ever do for anyone for it to get dark at 430. I guess vampires and predators but that’s about it.

5. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

But now you've got a bit of extra daylight in the morning to go tend the fields before you have to head into the office.

6. Ssmiff

4 yr survival ribbon for my wife today. Been a tough road. Hope none of you have to go thru it, but I’m here if you do and you will need people.

InVolNerable, gcbvol, VolDad and 5 others like this.
  7. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Jeopardy Tournament of Champions really shows how good the streak winners are. Amy is absurd and I still don't think she wins it.

IP likes this.
  8. IP

IP Super Moderator

People say to smart people, wow you should go on jeopardy. No. The normal smart people are the ones getting bounced out early on an episode. These champs are 1 in 100 million trivia elites.

Equine Ducklings likes this.
  9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

one of my professors won the tournament of champions like 25 years ago when i had him as my professor. he said everyone knows 90% of the answers. the key is buzzing in quickly when you know it and timing it properly.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

That is the elite part, having the answer form in your head quick enough to buzz. Some champs have said they primarily focus on the buzz timing and are banking on the answer coming to them as they are saying "what is..."

There are practice games off camera, you either get into a flow and think quickly or you, uh, lose.

11. CardinalVol

I did quiz bowl in middle and high school. And I was good. Very good. And I still don't think I could get a single answer unless it was all sports related topics.

Family tells me I need to tryout for Jeopardy and I just laugh at them.

12. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Celebrity Jeopardy on SNL, maybe.

InVolNerable likes this.
  13. CardinalVol

I could probably still dominate Teen Jeopardy. That would be about it.

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Le [breasts] now

NorrisAlan likes this.
  15. Equine Ducklings

Equine Ducklings New Member

I’m tired of explaining this to people who think I should try out because I know the capital of Kazakhstan. I have to pause the game in order to think of anything outside of my narrow wheelhouse and even then I usually don’t know.

No dude I’m not actually smart, you’re just a koala who can’t point to India and thinks the civil war happened in the 50s.

IP likes this.
  16. Equine Ducklings

My team made it to the Beta Club state championship but lost to an East TN team. I console myself with my middle school geo bee championship trophy.

17. CardinalVol

I'll take The Rapist for 600, Trebeck.

NorrisAlan, justingroves and IP like this.
  18. Equine Ducklings

I think Mattea wins it with their quick trigger.

19. CardinalVol

I agree.

20. CardinalVol

Well that qualifies as a major upset. Great game though.