Charlottesville

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by NorrisAlan, Aug 13, 2017.

1. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Only one side rammed a car into a protest that was away from the other protest after they were split up.

Call out the Anti-FA group as well for clashing with the Neo-Nazis. But a generic "many sides" and not naming the group that actually murdered someone is weak.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm sure some can find a way to distort an event from this weekend as violence on both sides. I hear a dodge charger was vandalized and damaged by a group of counterprotesters. The driver's life will probably never be the same.

3. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I think that is fair.

4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

If it had a Hemi, I understand.

5. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Sounds like there is another white nationalist event planned for September 11th at College Station, TX. There must be a reason why they are choosing college towns, probably trying to get a reaction out of more excitable young folks, as opposed to other stomping grounds.

6. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

President Trump delivered a statement from the White House on Monday explicitly condemning violent white supremacists.

Racism is evil,” Trump said from the White House Diplomatic Room. "And those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans.”

Now I am sure everyone is happy. Oh wait, no. He could cure cancer and folks would criticize.

7. NorrisAlan

I think it is good he did this, but I also think it says a lot that it wasn't the first thing out of his mouth on the day it happened. And it isn't the first time with these groups.

And I got to be honest, VolDad. Before this election cycle, I would never have pegged you as someone standing up for Trump, or at least his side of the argument.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm very glad he spoke out against some of his biggest supporters.

9. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Only took him 48 hours.

10. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

He has done plenty wrong and much of the stuff that comes out of his mouth is stupid.

I just think that much of the reaction to everything he says/does is over the top.

11. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Absolutely. They're allies.

12. NorrisAlan

Interesting take. I think there has been a little bit that has been blown over the top, but most of the criticism is spot on, imho. The guy is a complete nutjob and no matter what he or anyone else thinks, everything he says or tweets matters when it comes to the USA and the world in large.

13. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Lee has his place, the university he represented for many years, and West Point.

Beyond that, he should be nuked off the planet.

14. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

John Oliver absolutely nailed it last night.

[YOUTUBE]DXszx68uhsY[/YOUTUBE]

15. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Trump's White House lacks politicians at the top. This is a political statement.

It isn't terribly difficult to understand why it wasn't the first draft by his speech writer; they lack the experience drafting political responses.

16. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I don't think trump wants the white supremacists support, I just think he's not a bright man.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

That's what I used to think. Now I think he also consciously doesn't want to offend them

18. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

maybe in a "all votes count" type of way. dunno

19. NorrisAlan

I think this, too. Guy is just a self promoter that hit lightning in a bottle. Kind of like Butch Jones.

20. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Isn't his primary speechwriter Stephen Miller?