DC's Spam and Trolling Thread

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by dc4utvols, Jun 12, 2017.

1. dc4utvols

dc4utvols Contributor

I am not a fan of the Saudi policy or the Arab/sunni "Nato" plan.

I am pro-Israel.

The rest of the place has a date with Obadiah, Ezekiel 38 and a few other prophets. Have you read Obadiah? Is one chapter and very short. If you are banking on the Palestinians its a losing bet. Their destiny is set and they are cooked.

2. dc4utvols

dc4utvols Contributor

SS and medical care qill consume ~60% of budget in decade

"2016, just two expenditures- federal health spending and Social Security- consumed 53 percent of the entire federal budget. By 2027, other sections of the federal budget shrink as these three programs consume 59 percent of all tax dollars."

Wait until interest rate hit 5% or higher again. Interest on the debt will be competing with the welfare state for dollars.

http://federalbudgetinpictures.com/social-security-health-care-grow/

3. dc4utvols

dc4utvols Contributor

Meanwhile at Interior Zinke is about to drain the swamp

"These are the key takeaways from this action.

Shifting 50 general-officer-equivalents is not a small undertaking. It represents an intention to totally demolish the existing power structure. By separating these long serving SES officials from the organizations they have run for perhaps decades means that there will be a lot less resistance to reorganization. Many of these people will resign rather than accept the reassignment. That is a feature, not a bug. By making this move before he has his own appointees in place, Zinke is signaling to the agency and to Senate Democrats that he will not be deterred by intransigence."

Good for him. I hope most resign and the fiefdoms go up in smoke. <-figuratively->

http://www.redstate.com/streiff/201...department-interior-like-terrier-shaking-rat/

4. dc4utvols

dc4utvols Contributor

Drain the swamp part 2:
    "Conservative leaders say they’re confident the new chairman of a House of Representatives panel that targets corruption will dedicate himself to reviewing executive branch actions, including during the Obama administration.

Rep. Trey Gowdy, R-S.C., assumed the chairmanship of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee after his confirmation Tuesday. He takes the reins from Rep. Jason Chaffetz, R-Utah, who will leave Congress on June 30.

The oversight committee, which works to expose abuse, waste, and fraud, seeks to ensure the “efficiency, effectiveness, and accountability of the federal government and all its agencies,” according to the panel’s website.

“I think there are opportunities for accountability for misconduct in the Obama administration that should be taken advantage of,” Tom Fitton, president of Judicial Watch, a conservative legal oversight organization, said of Gowdy in an interview with The Daily Signal..."

I hope so but I wont believe it until I see it.

http://dailysignal.com/2017/06/15/conservatives-put-trust-trey-gowdy-houses-corruption-fighter/

5. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

We should be trading with them.

6. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

His actions are the reason that he is in the news. His beliefs are an interesting side bar that some find worthy of discussion as evidence by the news coverage. It was the 2nd post in this thread, a Bernie supporter, that linked the 2 together.

7. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Yes, I've read Obadiah. No, I believe little of the "prophecies" or any other predictions of ancient texts, but I'm also decidedly non-religious. The two state solution is really the only viable one, but I'll also hold my breath on that one happening in my lifetime, too, despite what Trump says and with Kushner on the job.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

What resistance? What transigence? Haven't seen any of that from leadership. Zinke has been accepted as in command since he got there.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Trump promised not to touch social security and medicare. Is he breaking this promise?

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't have an objection to Cuban asylum, but I don't see what the difference is between them and a Mexican baby who grew up here or a Syrian refugee.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Pretty sure it was the original post that did that. Although I suppose it could be argued you did, when in the other thread you suggested Sanders calling the president the most dangerous in history contributed to a gunman attacking the congressional GOP baseball team.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2011/jan/09/jared-lee-loughner-rightwing-rants

Definitely a nut. Honestly, he reminds me of someone around here.

13. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Actually I asked a question; one you seem incapable of answering. I assume because the honest answer would paint your boy in a bad light.

He was either wrong then and was trying to use the Giffords tragedy for his own political gain or he was right then and part of the problem now.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2017
  14. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Raise the retirement age from 66 to 70. Done

15. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

This has to be done. People are living too long to be on social security for half their adult life.

16. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Most folks I know plan on working into their 70's anyway but making it actual law would be the right thing to do.

17. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Exactly. If they had indexed the retirement age to life expectancy when they created Social Security, the retirement age today would be 74 and we'd have no social security problem.

18. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Privatize SS. Done.

19. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

You don't have to retire to draw SS, do you?

20. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Nope