Post-Mortem

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by VolDad, Nov 9, 2016.

1. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

If didn't die after 8 years of the community organizer its more resilient than you comprehend.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Agree. Also, she didn't engage, she proclaimed.

3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

People definitely hate Trump too. Maybe not as many, but there are definitely plenty out there who hate him.

4. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

I don't hate either. I think Hilary is not a good human. I think Trump is a little dimwitted and also not an extraordinarily great human being. I don't think either of them honestly give one-half a fart about anyone making less than $250k a year.

I hate TCHFCAUTK.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think they both care to some degree, and in a distorted way. Folks are too cynical.

6. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Beyond a vote, Hillary couldn't give a flying turd. Her disdain for working folk is well documented. That stuff isn't overstated.

7. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Pollster said he got it right by asking people who their neighbors are voting for. It showed a hidden vote for Trump of 3-9 points.

8. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

That's interesting. Still had to be a lot of guessing in there, I'd think. Educated, though.

9. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

:hi:

10. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Interesting read on what, and how, pollsters ****ed up so badly:

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/305133-pollsters-suffer-huge-embarrassment

Pollster John Zogby believes that many in the industry weighted their polls too heavily in favor of Democrats, pointing to polls that had an 8- to 9-point advantage for the party, when it should have been in the 4- to 5-point range, he said.

So good job Tenny for calling it. Almost makes up for that whole Gruden thing.

11. MWR

MWR Contributor

Almost being the key word here.

12. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Maybe I can petition Trump to get rid of the most wasteful of govt employees. Start with Butch Jones

13. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I agree with this. She seemed like she believed the whole thing was already decided throughout the campaign. Also, if she made points more specific than stating she was more qualified, she failed to ever get them across. Love or hate his ideas, you heard about things like the wall, his tax plan, and his list of potential SCOTUS nominees being discussed in the news. Most of her plans failed to gain any sort of real traction. While his plans were largely being derided, they were still talked about.

Sent from my R1 HD using Tapatalk

14. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

She ran a weak campaign, going the smear route seemed pointless to me, we know what kind of person he is, we've heard all thoset quotes before, tell us something different, she failed to do do that.

15. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

There is a significant portion of people who have deeply and sincerely hated Hillary Clinton since she arrived with Bill.

16. Tenacious D

I agree with this.

17. Tenacious D

I had a gut-feeling about that, but could never muster the smarts to make the argument stick, and instead, was routinely outflanked by Un, Float, et al.

The Gruden thing will always be unforgivable. Predictions, like elections, have consequences.

18. Tenacious D

Post script: There is not an American politician who has previously, now or is likely to ever exist that I would be less inclined to vote for, than Hillary Clinton.

I would have voted for Barack Obama to serve a third term before I would have voted for Hillary.

19. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I definitely got it wrong, but I always maintained it was never an exact science. You can usually get a decent read on the election through a plurality of the polls and the national polls aren't too far off as an aggregate. And, while I do think that some polls are purposely biased, a lot of them, in my opinion, do attempt to get it accurate because they know a reckoning is coming at some point. Hell, Gallup didn't even do presidential polls this time because they were so off 4 years ago. Unfortunately, I think the pollsters were using parameters from previous elections they thought would hold and couldn't quite pick up the vibe of this one.

I will say, though, that Nate Silver did, in the couple of weeks prior to the election, go against the grain and note Trump's growing chances and the difficulty in determining the polling. He noted the relative uncertainty among a lot of voters and how that made the election harder to quantify. Basically, most people hated both of them and spend longer trying to decide which pill to swallow. He had Clinton at about 70% at the end, but that was much better than all the other aggregates.

20. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

So, she was hated for telling the truth? Makes sense.