POLITICS President Trump: 100+ Mornings After (Term 1 Complete)

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by IP, Apr 30, 2017.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'd say yes.

2. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Do they use tear gas if they are just clearing the park to build fences a few hours later?

Do they tell the people “look you gotta go or we are going to make you go in a couple hours” if Trump doesn’t decide to walk down there?

I don’t know the answers to these questions or whether they even matter, but they are legit questions.

3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Then the narrative was bull shit. The narrative was that Trump had “peaceful” protesters removed from an area for a photo op, and that the removal of those protesters turned forceful and violent.

It's just not true.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Well, you are not stating the facts accurately just now. The removal of the protesters did turn forceful and violent. In fact, people who were associated with the church and not even protesting or on public property were violently repelled. I'm going to repeat, wrongdoing was found. Remember, this was recorded. Anyone can see the violent removal of protesters, members of the media doing their constitutionally protected jobs violently assualted, and people being gassed. Without cause. We saw it. You're reaching far beyond "Trump didn't order the removal" to say what physically occurred did not.

5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

The entire thing has to be true for the narrative to be true. Me saying the narrative wasn’t true does not mean I’m denying that protesters were forcefully removed. But you know that.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

You said the narrative was bullshit, and explicitly listed the part that was true.

7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I listed that part because it is part of the narrative. Again, if a narrative has 4 parts, and 3 of the 4 parts are true, then the 1 part that isn't true makes the entire narrative false.

The narrative was that (1) Trump had "peaceful" protesters (2) removed from an area for a (3) photo op, and that the (4) removal of those protesters turned forceful and violent.

1. Not true. They weren't removed because Trump commanded they be removed. Their removal was already planned.
    2. True. They were removed.
    3. True. A photo was taken.
    4. True. The removal was forceful and violent.

3 true parts, 1 false part = narrative was bullshit. And, if we are being honest, the biggest part of the narrative was the Trump part. It gave people another excuse to call him a fascist.

Are we aligned now?

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Well, no. As it turns out, they were not removed for a photo op, though one occurred.

9. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

That's why I put the (3) before the word "photo" and not before the word "for" or the word "removed." Because a photo op did occur. Trump took a photo. But the protesters weren't removed for it.

10. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

11. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

12. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

LOL

13. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

Democrats are living rent free in Trump's head? I imagine that bothers you..

14. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

LOL

15. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Rent free? What the [uck fay]? This is actually a very serious issue and violation of the Trump Administration coming to light just now, forcing a corporation to secretly mine data of political adversaries and media sources critical of him, including a minor. "Unprecedented" is the key term in the story.

So, no, this is quite a big deal.

16. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Yep, rent free.

17. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Always the Trump Dodge. Instead of engaging in a meaningful response or discussion, it's some sort of set rhetorical responses to avoid any real critical discussions of the guy, like:

"Living rent free!"

"Oh, just Orange Man Bad"

"I don't like Trump, but everyone else must be perfect before we discuss him"

"The media!"

and on and on. All not to have to say anything more than cursory critique of Trump and turn criticism back on the commenter. In the thread dedicated to talking about his presidency, no less.

But, point of fact here is any president who had done this, any president, would be a serious issue to investigate after their presidency. What makes you afraid to engage in this type of discussion?

18. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Were the leaks criminal in nature?

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Was what was "leaked" then true? Because we were told it wasn't true that he had contacts with Russia. That never got resolved, how the leaks could be leaks if they weren't true. Then they'd be rumors.

And regardless if they were criminal in nature, if the investigation had found no connection to the parties being investigated (which is the case), but the monitoring continued, it would cease to be a legitimate investigation.

20. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Were the leaks in question only related to Russia? It is possible to leak focus of an investigation but the core issue being focused on could also be untrue.

I haven’t read up on this so I honestly don’t know the circumstances. But a suponea by DOJ into the email of a political opponent of the administration isn’t alone an atrocious act. Obviously it could become one depending on scope and cause.