POLITICS President Trump: 100+ Mornings After (Term 1 Complete)

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by IP, Apr 30, 2017.

1. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I saw a morally decrepit network looking for ratings cater to a morally bankrupt crowd by putting on a morally bereft individual who just had a jury of his peers find him liable for sexual assault the previous day, then the network publicizing the man mocking his victim in a national forum while the crowd found it amusing. It was one of the lowest points in modern political and media history, in my opinion, and I doubt it played well, as usual, beyond the MAGA types who he already has. The parts I checked in on left me, actually, more sad than anything, even more than angry.

Volgrad98, VolDad and The Dooz like this.
  2. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Wild seeing Trump beating Biden head-to-head by 6 points in the latest WAPO poll released just a few days ago. Lord knows it’s early af and this is just merely the latest WAPO poll. However it feels significant in that Trump not once beat Biden head-to-head in a WAPO poll throughout the entire 2020 election cycle (someone fact check me here in case that’s not correct).

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/05/08/us/politics/biden-2024-polls.html

3. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Why is that surprising. CNN needs a Trump win.

4. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I just don’t understand how we are here again in 2024. Neither guy should be running.

5. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Biden has not done a good job so now here we are again with Trump. Its like groundhog day.

ole_orange and justingroves like this.
  6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I don't really like DeSantis but I assumed it would him vs a random Democrat

7. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Initially post-Midterms I thought the pickings were ripe for DeSantis to scoot in and take the GOP nom. However, I'm seriously starting to doubt he has any type of chance outside of something drastic happening to Trump. All the recent GOP polling keeps showing Trump lapping the field indicating he likely will win the GOP primary rather comfortably. Gonna be hard for anyone to overcome Trump's unique showmanship and charisma when it comes to how he does politics.

8. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

When asked who he wanted to win the Ukraine war, which is kindof an odd question, I read where Trump was lit up for not answering. I hate that we are about to go thru all this bs again, but he did answer and just said he wants it to stop and both sides to stop killing each other. I don’t see anything wrong with that answer, but it was framed differently

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

If Canada invaded Montana, how would you feel about just stopping the fighting and letting them keep it?

10. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

The Ukraine/Russia war is effectively the West obliterating Russian's military on the cheap. For years, decades even, the ultra conservative wing has pushed the Russia and China threat as a need for our defense spending (a position I don't disagree with). Yet since a Democrat president is the one supporting a proxy war against Russia via Ukraine, those same [uck fay]wads are now "concerned" about spending and some/several are actively pushing to end it and let Russia keep what they have stolen. It's a hell of a lot cheaper to sell Ukraine our weapons than for us to actually fight Russia on the battlefield. We are seeing the defeat of a substantially stronger adversary for a small fraction of the cost we spent in Iraq.

11. Ssmiff

don’t think it’s diplomatic for one to say they want Russia or Ukraine obliterated

12. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

And we tried Russia appeasement after they invaded Georgia in 2008 and Crimea in 2014. It only emboldened them.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Do you think ukraine is at all a threat to obliterate Russia? One country has invaded another and claims it is really not a country. I want ukraine and Russia to have their territories intact as per the post cold War agreement and Russia to pay reparations for violating the treaty with ukraine from 1993 when ukraine willingly disarmed. There are not two sides to this.

14. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Do we ignore our own internal classified military documents leaked out via that soldier recently purporting things are in fact not going as great for The Ukraine as some have been leading us to think? Hard to sift through all the propaganda and know exactly what is and isn't happening with regards to this war. Not sure it makes one "Pro-Russia" to prefer all this bloodshed end ASAP as opposed to things ever escalating enough to where tactical nukes start flying forever altering world history. Thus potentially causing people like your own son to eventually be drafted into participating in a full-scale WW3 overseas should shit really hit the fan. Pretty sure it's a more complicated and nuanced situation than those "conservative [uck fay]wads only wanting to oppose a damn Democrat President" for those expressing skepticism about the end game strategy surrounding this proxy war we are obviously funding.

15. Ssmiff

I’d like to know if that type of question has been posed to a president or candidate before. I doubt it has.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

Dude, he said he would end the war in 24 hours. Ukraine isn't quitting even if the US cuts them off. He just isn't with it and never has been.

17. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Some of the information was shown to be doctored, hard to know for sure. I think there is a real concern about how long Ukraine can keep up bodies. If this drags out in definately there will come a point where there are man power issues. Which is why we should be striving to help them as much as we can now.

Putin is 100% banking on the West getting bored or distracted. He doesn't really care how much cannon fodder it takes on his side. But if this ends without Russia returning stolen land it wont be returned in the medium term if ever.

If the goal is to avoid bloodshed at all costs you let Russia do whatever they want. Which seems like a bad idea as it hasn't worked out very well over the last 15 years. But yeah some of the biggest Warhawks beating the Russia drums for years have run away scared shitless of the paper tiger. Which is troubling because China is quickly approaching near peer status and they at least seem to understand large military maneuvers that doesn't solely consist of an army of bullet sponges.

18. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

20. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

You still want to believe. Sad.