President Trump Administration and Russia

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Unimane, Mar 2, 2017.

1. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I'm not sure Sekulow realizes the potential Pandora's Box he might have opened.

The Secret Service can be compelled to testify....

But this is exactly what I would expect from an attorney whose expertise is "Religious Freedom" cases & bilking trusting religious folks out of the money they don't have to make himself a millionaire not criminal defense for politicians.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2017
  2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Report the news as it becomes available unless there is some national security or ethical reason to withhold it.

3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

You can't call it reporting if you aren't reporting. The object is to inform, not be a player in politics.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

That didn't work. They were called fake news when things changed. Now they are demonstrating who is fake.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

They are reporting. They report as things become relevant.

There was a meeting.

"no there wasn't."

It was about this.

"no it wasn't."

these people were there

"no they weren't."

Here's proof.

"Well Clinton did..."

The only way to demonstrate the credibility of the news over the rhetoric of the administration is to let them spin their falsehoods without knowing all the things they must spin. If they just told the truth, this wouldn't be happening. When did facts and lying become solely "political?"

6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Withholding stories for a later reveal to maximize political impact started before Trump was on the scene.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

What are some examples?

8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

It's done all the time around elections. I'm not sure how I'd go about researching specific examples.

9. JayVols

This.

All of it.

10. JayVols

Yes.

11. JayVols

If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything. - Mark Twain

12. JayVols

Another angle. SS has released statement saying no Trump kids were under protection until September when Ivanka was given protection. So, did lawyer lie about SS vetting? Or bigger, did someone higher up the food chain attend that would require SS vetting even after denials they knew anything about meeting?

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Surely the lawyer wouldn't be so dumb. Surely not. If you tell me that it comes out that Trump was in that meeting because his son's lawyer brought up the SS, and sure enough the SS were there... Too dumb. Not possible.

14. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

His lawyer a few weeks ago goes on the TV circuit and said trump wasn't being investigated and then tried to argue he was being investigated and then he wasn't.

Trump's teams dont seem to be the sharpest instruments.

That said I will have to shelve the idea Trump was there. That would just be too much.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

I dont think SS was there, trump wasn't.

16. JayVols

Don't underestimate this bunch. The emails were a flaming pile of stupid too.

Sekulow is carnival barking religious rights lawyer. He's great at bilking people out of their money, but I don't see much else coming from him.

17. JayVols

I didn't say it as a statement of fact. Still, wouldn't surprise me one bit.

I've seen today that Priebus might be a possibility.

18. dc4utvols

dc4utvols Contributor

Sekulows record at SCOTUS would differ with your assessment.

I am also friends from HS with one of the professors and a high level admin at Regent. He graduated summa cum laude from Duke University and cum laude J.D., from Harvard Law School. He clerked at the 4th circuit. He also is a devout Christian and is no "carnival barker."

I have never given Mr Sekulow a dime but I admire his work and you could say there is one degree of separation between us.

My friend and I have the same IQ but he is a much harder worker that I ever was.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Sounds like a super swell bold font feller.

20. JayVols

He's a carnival barker that preys on poor religious people by convincing them there is a war against their beliefs.

He's not a Christian by his actions.

"These people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me."

-Jesus
    Matthew 15:8