The Great Bathroom Debate

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by g8terh8ter_eric, Apr 13, 2016.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

The law is designed to make life as uncomfortable as possible for trans people. It has no benefit whatsoever, and the justification of "predators are gonna use it!" is a red herring because this law doesn't prevent that.

2. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Your dumb ass keeps going back to this because your argument doesn't hold up. "The intent is mean" is an ambiguous, irrefutablr, unprovable version of your "bigot" label.

3. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Im genuinely curious.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

My argument is pretty rock solid, actually. The law has no purpose. It changes nothing for anyone except trans people. It is going to be funny when folks whine and thrash around about the federal government stepping in, when that is exactly how the state behaved regarding local governments. This whole thing is yet another manufactured issue to try and derail the recent progression towards the normalcy of LGBT status. The changing of one's birth control requires a full surgical sex change. As was already stated, many (and perhaps most) trans people never get the full surgery, as there are no guarantees and there can be many complications.

Imagine a world, like say this one pre 2016, where folks could just go to the damn restroom and any laws broken while in there would be dealt with accordingly. Was it so terrible before?

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Contrary to claims of the fabric of our lives, I didn't make it up and don't intentionally make things up, usually stating that I am not sure if I am not sure. If you google it, you'll see several places that discuss it, as well as the nuances in what transitioning means/entails in regards to people born intersex (hermaphroditic) rather than transgendering, where they were born one but feel their identity is that of the other.

6. Beechervol

Never claimed you did. I was just curious how (or even if) anything needed to change outside of surgery.

7. cotton

The law is intended to protect the status quo, you ignorant ****tard.

And a person can go into the bathroom that corresponds with their gender, and if that changes, it changes. The only thing rock solid is that you are a lying imbecile.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

You're just wrong, and time will bear that out.

9. cotton

And that's that. Another pronouncement.

You should think for everyone, if only you were better at it.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

So when I have an opinion or view it is a pronouncement, but when you have one that runs counter, it's a... what?

11. Beechervol

I agree. But thinking the unbelievable was unbelievable has crossed me up before. The way that reads it doesn't matter if you are a proclaimed (since it appears that is good enough) transgender or actually had the surgery. Anyone is free to go in whichever room you choose.

12. cotton

What is my view? That NC should be able to segregate bathrooms into boy/girl if they decide?

Yeah, that's on the same level as predicting the future eith certainty and deciding that peolpe are motivated only by bigotry, you absolutist, arrogant, intolerant pissmonkey.

13. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I think an interesting/hilarious experiment would be to make three restrooms. Women's, men's, and men with large penises. Premise would be to keep the large membered men from intimidating the regular joes. Just have them side by side, labeled appropriately, and with hidden cameras to watch as people decide which bathroom to use. Maybe even have a bathroom attendant in there, and have him act incredulous as to whether or not guys have entered the right room.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

So what do you call that view? Mine is a proclamation, your's is what? What's the difference?

And what motivates you? If you say safety, that doesn't seem to fit with reality and is in my opinion (or proclamation if your prefer) irrational. I also do not believe this law is about safety, given it's timing.

Ya, I think we're trending away from this kind of thing. It is quite strange you find a view point on temporal trend to be offensive and arrogant. Do you think the sun will continue to rise and set? Whoa, the arrogance.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

That would be interesting. Add in something for women to have to self-evaluate too, maybe.

16. cotton

Find me where I said this is about safety, you lying sack of ****. It is about the ability to segregate restrooms by something other than self ID.

17. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Can I use pissmonkey? I was using another insult a couple of months back, but I forgot what it was. Maybe ****boy?

18. Beechervol

Pissmonkey is new.

19. cotton

I invented it. My wife helped.

Feel free to use as needed.

Edit: wife tells me that she invented it; I was original pissmonkey tho

Last edited: May 6, 2016
  20. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

I'm pretty much here. Transgender folks have been using whatever restroom they see fit for however long they've been around, and there hasn't been any massive restroom rape outbreaks that I'm aware of.

The whole thing is a ploy to distract folks from how bad they're getting f'ed over on actual issues.