The NBA Thread.

Discussion in 'Sports' started by GahLee, Oct 27, 2012.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

There's an officiating problem either way

Indy likes this.
  2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Players are bigger and stronger. Imo, when they stopped calling travelling, carrying, illegal picks, etc, they lost control of the game. People say if they called all of that the game would suck. College ball doesn’t allow it and is enjoyable. Now what do they enforce since they already let stuff go. I just like hoops with the rules the way it’s meant to be played, similar to how most are here with soccer and changing rules.
    Watching Steph, who is the goat shooter, come off 3 moving picks then carrying or taking a “gather” step before 2 more steps isn’t enjoyable for me.

3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

LeBron has never gotten the calls. The analogy is just wrong on its face.

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Lol I don't even know what you're watching. I just rewatched the clip about 10 times and didn't see the 3 steps of which you speak. If it happened, it was incredibly close, and not even in the top 3 debatable calls for that game.

5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Phantom foul on Shroder earlier on, after waiting til Tatum missed it to call it. Then the subsequent technical for Shroder laying down on the floor in disbelief with the call.

The foul call on Beverly on the put back from Brown with 4 seconds left to send the Celtics to the line for the and 1 with a chance to tie.

The technical on Beverly before OT that allowed the Celtics to shoot a free throw to go up one to start OT.

Just an abortion of an officiating job.

6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I also laugh pretty hard at the people who call LeBron a cry baby and make a big deal about him freaking out after the no call.

I yell at the top of my lungs at my television when I feel like the FIFA video game is [uck fay]ing me over. That's nothing more than a hobby and a waste of my time, but I'm competitive and get into it. I want to [uck fay]ing win, and I don't like feeling like I'm being cheated.

LeBron has devoted his entire life to basketball and to being the best player he can be. He's now in year 20 of the NBA portion of his career, and still playing at an MVP level. There is no telling how much work and focus it takes for a guy that age with that much mileage to maintain that level of play. Him showing that kind of emotion is part of being a human. To hold it against him is just weird and lacks empathy. Average Joe can't relate to the level of investment LeBron has put into basketball, so he calls LeBron a cry baby for his reactions.

7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

8. Ssmiff

you can’t see 3 steps? It’s as easy as one, two, three, with ball in hand.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Show it to me.

11. Ssmiff

post the play. I don’t know where to find it. You just said you watched it 10 times so link the one you watched

12. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I don't know what the answer is, to be honest. Don't like them going to the monitor 40 times at the end of a game either.

I'd love to see stats on which players are impacted by these sorts of calls/no calls at the end of games. Second time it has happened to Bron in 16 days. And I'm not talking "might have been a foul sort of stuff." Two times refs have come out post game and said "yeah, we missed that shit."

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think some of them are dirty. I'll just say it.

14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Have you heard of Google? YouTube?

upload_2023-1-30_16-57-40.png

15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Yup.

Also wonder what involvement the NBA has. They definitely aren't hurt by more quarters of LeBron James basketball in prime time. Especially against guys like Tatum, Luka, etc.

16. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

2:20 ish mark. I also watched the game live... just saying.

17. Ssmiff

I saw the baseline angle in a tweet. It’s 3 steps. It’s also a foul. But 3 steps is 3 steps. First is being labeled a “gather”, which is a new hot term for “extra step”.
    You get 2 steps after you’ve picked up the dribble. If you pick up the ball and go right/left/right, it’s a travel.

18. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

19. Ssmiff

Right, Left, right

Attached Files:

20. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

I only saw 2 steps. Looks like he picks the dribble up around the top of the key, so that first "right" step is his pivot foot, takes the "gather" step, then the final step. So a travel would be whether or not you agree with the gather step idea, imo. I don't like it, but it's legal in the NBA.

Indy likes this.