Your Job (I produce adult-themed media and features)

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Feb 20, 2012.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Is it true that any HD employee can give up to a 10% discount on the spot?

2. WM

WM Active Member

On price matching yes, so we would give an extra 10% on top of matching another store's price. Every floor associate is given i think it's 180 dollars of markdown money every month. Say you came in to buy a drill that was on sale for 120 bucks and we were out, a comparable drill made by a different company is 165 bucks. They could mark that drill down to 120 on the spot. I think that's how it works. I'm operations so i spend 90% of my time in the back trying to avoid customers so im a little hazy on the policies, pretty sure thats correct though.

3. CardinalVol

I had someone tell me that before, and I was curious if it was true or not. Figured this was as good of a place to ask as any.

4. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

This is how my store works:

Reg Assoc.: $50 off per customer
    Dept Sup.: $100 off per customer
    Asst Man.:$500 off per customer
    Store Man.:$1000 off per customer

Obviously we don't do that, but that's what is allowed at my store. They are sure to let us know every meeting.

5. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

I also read a memo that HD will pay for up to 80% of a sex change if you qualify. True story.

6. CardinalVol

I'd like to see what qualifies someone for this.

7. WM

WM Active Member

Worked with a tranny here when i first started, true story.

8. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Lowe's once sold me $60 worth of goods for $8, because they had a sale, and I ordered online. Went to store to pick up next day and they had warehoused the merch. So they found the nearest comparable item and made me pay what I paid online.

Best deal ever. Lowe's employee probably got fired.

9. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

7thgroupfan is the elite of the side of the Army I'm in and well let's just say I'm the red headed step child of the red headed step child of SOF.

I play with satellites and use them to set up computer networking systems. Not glamorous now, not glamorous in the future, but enjoyable enough on its own, plus I've already been offered a lucrative job for when I get out. Before that I worked in sports media relations and loved it, there's just absolutely no money. Money isn't the only thing I'm after, but I want enough to where I don't have to worry about what I can and can't pay for.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

That seems kind of... generous. To the point of insanity.

11. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Tobacco farming is a man's job.

Got suckered into cutting / hanging one year.

Never again.

12. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

That's how I paid for my first truck... in cash too.

Spearing tobacco might be the most harrowing experience of this youngster's life btw.

13. Tenacious D

I'd like to be a sports agent. But I want to forego law school, and the shitty process of working my way up, and just start out at Tom Condon or Jimmy Sexton's level.

Anyone sees such an ad, let me know.

14. Tenacious D

Actually, my dream job would be assigned (?) as a federal judge.

I'd take it over anything - rock star, President, Pope, etc.

15. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Food and film critic for me.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'd have loved to be athletically gifted enough to be at least a starting professional athlete in a major sport league. Alas, wasn't even a starter in high school soccer.

17. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

My grandaddy always told me, it will either make a man or break a man.

I gained a new level of respect for spiking tobacco when I saw the guy next to me run a spike through his hand on time. I slowed down for a while after that.

18. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Senior Engineer in R&D for a chemical company. I touch a fair number of business units (energy and hydrocarbons, electronic materials, water process solutions), but most of my time is spent on agricultural science products right now. I also am co-PI on an on-going collaboration with a lab at Cambridge, which should make for some good trips in the near future.

I enjoy this, but nuclear and chemical weapons nonproliferation is much more where my passion/interests lie...I've been close a few times but haven't pulled the trigger (more than just dabbling through some consulting).

19. 7thgroupvolfan

7thgroupvolfan New Member

Without the red headed step children of the red headed step children, we would be up a shit creek without a paddle. We're all on the same team and I appreciate what you do for our country.

20. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

I can safely say we all appreciate what all of our servicemen do.