President Trump Administration and Russia

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Unimane, Mar 2, 2017.

1. dc4utvols

dc4utvols Contributor

From left wing Nation rag I mean magazine:

"There was no hack of the Democratic National Committee’s system on July 5 last year—not by the Russians, not by anyone else. Hard science now demonstrates it was a leak—a download executed locally with a memory key or a similarly portable data-storage device. In short, it was an inside job by someone with access to the DNC’s system. This casts serious doubt on the initial “hack,” as alleged, that led to the very consequential publication of a large store of documents on WikiLeaks last summer.

Forensic investigations of documents made public two weeks prior to the July 5 leak by the person or entity known as Guccifer 2.0 show that they were fraudulent: Before Guccifer posted them they were adulterated by cutting and pasting them into a blank template that had Russian as its default language. Guccifer took responsibility on June 15 for an intrusion the DNC reported on June 14 and professed to be a WikiLeaks source—claims essential to the official narrative implicating Russia in what was soon cast as an extensive hacking operation. To put the point simply, forensic science now devastates this narrative.

https://www.thenation.com/article/a-new-report-raises-big-questions-about-last-years-dnc-hack/

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't think it is really logical to reject sources from the "deep state" (it is really unfortunate kidbourbon wasn't here for his golden age) for months and then come around to plugging alleged NSA sources when they finally say something you want to believe. I have no special or direct knowledge about any of this. I can only listen to what the experts are saying. Most of them have said this was a hack. You're going to have to do better than a single article from the nation quoting unknown "NSA" sources discussing "forensic science now devastates this narrative." That's a journalist phrasing that I am certain they didn't get from professionals.

3. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

JayVols likes this.
  4. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

This might be kind of important

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Probably nothing.

6. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Just some snowflakes upset they lost the election.

7. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Freaking crazy. Incumbent pres had his security guy contact the Russians. That’s insane.

8. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Nothing burger.

Just an excuse by Democrats for losing an election.

Hillary did it.

Believe me.

9. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Wonder why the nature of the contact wasn’t leaked too?

This was Post election. Really stupid.

10. JayVols

It was.

Same day that new sanctions were announced, in fact.

11. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I agree. Have no idea why it’s remotely news.

12. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

We don’t have time for this right now, our soil can wait. We need to focus on our soul.

13. JayVols

We'll see eventually if it's relevant.

But I agree with float. Back to As the Vols Turn for now.

14. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

About that earlier report from ABC....

15. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Wow. No way that was intentionally misleading.

bostonvol likes this.
  16. IP

IP Super Moderator

I knew this was about the transition because I actually read the story.

And if that is all there is, I guess just Flynn goes to jail for inexplicably lying to the FBI. Somehow I doubt that is all there is, given the deal the FBI struck for his cooperation.

Nah. Probably nothing.

17. JayVols

Definitely nothing.

18. JayVols

19. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I assume you’re joking.

20. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

It’s still stupid and is nothing. The election meddling idiocy should die right here. Tying it to transition work is absurd.