Semi annual volnation thread

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by OrangeEmpire, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

That'd be me. I was a zoner back in the day before I made the uninvited move over here.

2. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

The 8th, the last beacon of freedom.

3. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

God bless you, have no idea why, but I thought you were itch.

4. OrangeEmpire

I do admit, this place rocks.

If I didnt know any better, id post the OE login for the toos.

Maybe get OE unpermabanned.......lol

5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Christ, I hated that ****.

6. OrangeEmpire

Itch and the other guy off brand soda pop pulled up next to at every red light in nooga?

He got banned from here..........

7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I don't know what the hell you are talking about. I just know I hated that itch dude,

8. OrangeEmpire

OrangeSlice claimed to see itchs buddy at every red light in Chattanooga. For the life of me, the guy who bragged about his vertical?

9. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Who got banned from here? I can count them on one hand, so I'm just curious.

10. OrangeEmpire

I cant remember his name, on either site. He may have quist posting here. He came in starting trouble a few months back. The guy who made tnvolgrl mad on vn. A lot thought she was heather harrington.

11. PoochPunt3rdDown

PoochPunt3rdDown Troll Guru

PoochPunt3rdDown? Pretty sure I was the main culprit in the TVG meltdown.

12. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

The only person I remember getting banned from here was Savage Orange Jug and that was because he asked to be after a meltdown of epic proportions.

13. PoochPunt3rdDown

You forgot axion and the old and unimproved pooch.

14. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I'm so glad this place exists.

It may get on my nerves, but if you want to be eternally positive, fine. But, to shout down/ridicule even the slightest perceived non rah-rah comment like vn has essentially become (including old and newer mods) is bullshit. Simply wanting everything to be wonderful doesn't make it so- no matter how hard you try to will into existence. One of my biggest gripes is mod(s) participation in baiting known 8th posters in order to cause 'infractions' so they can administer a ban. That is chickenshit in it's purest form and they can kiss my fat crippled ass for that. They know who they are without me producing specific names.

I believe in honesty- good, bad, or indifferent. Though I know I may fall short, I strive to be as honest and forthright about every subject- UT related or not. I'm not going to be negative for the sake of being negative. What they've lost over there is objectivity as well as honesty. That will never accomplish anything positive. You must be a miserable failure at all things in life if you dare to voice a less than glowing opinion. **** that. Sometimes all manners of hell needs to be raised to bring about positive change. Praising/overlooking piss poor performance only perpetuates more piss poor performances. I don't want to be around folks that aren't willing to hold feet to the fire, my own screw ups included. Accountability is a positive thing. Thinking everything is always rosy isn't being supportive and helpful. It's being delusional and extremely harmful. I've been called out for things I've posted here. I don't take that as a slight at all. In fact, I'm thankful for it. It has and will continue to force me to look at myself. It makes me a better person. I refuse to praise when praise isn't deserved. That is hollow and meaningless. I've found that the vast majority of 8th members feel the same way. Lord knows we don't agree on everything. I wouldn't want to if I'm being honest. However, there's a level of respect here for one another- unless it's something really stupid in which that will be called out as such. This place is full of heavy hitters (I'm simply a sacrifice bunter that may get lucky and place the ball perfectly every once and a while and leg out a single.) I am genuinely amazed at the level of intelligence over a wide variety of subjects here. I have deep respect for the overwhelming majority of posters here- even those that hold completely opposing views of my own. I'm thankful I'm allowed to be a small part of this place. You've gotta bring your "A" game to survive here. I wouldn't want it any other way.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2013
    gcbvol likes this.
  15. JayVols

I'm not sure 'epic' can adequately describe that. Dude was an outright racist, and I don't throw that term around.

16. Low Country Vol

Low Country Vol Contributor

Before or after paying the bills?

17. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Yeah, for all the jibes I get about the subject, he's the only one on this site I've ever called out as one, too.

18. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Did you get banned from here? For what, exactly?

19. JayVols

That old pooch confused me. He was very different from the pooch I got to know while playing poker online.

20. PoochPunt3rdDown

Oh, I was an asshat. Truth be told, there were some pretty shitty things said about me at one time. It's all good, though, it's just the internet. It's way deader than Hugo Chavez.