The Great Bathroom Debate

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by g8terh8ter_eric, Apr 13, 2016.

1. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

And they do not have "free reign" now? I just don't see how this law will curtail perverts and pedophiles in the least.

Besides, pedophiles are more likely to be in situation where they can build trust with the child, and a bathroom is not the place for that.

2. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

When you're talking about bathrooms, I'm not sure why anyone would dispute this. Once you start talking locker rooms, I can get why folks are concerned.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

You think perverts and pedophiles have free reign? And that their secret weapon is a fluid gender? I think you don't realize how much a pedophile blends in. He isn't Buffalo Bill of Silence of the Lambs. He's the guy next to you in line somewhere.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

There can be a difference and still be things that don't fit in either category neatly.

5. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Is that the focus of the federal regulations? Is that the focus of the anti-bathroom determination law crowd?

Or is this the onus of the movement:

6. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

I meant if you allow people to choose which restroom to use.

Creepy male enters female restroom. Females make a fuss. Man says "I identify as a female" so I can be in here.

That's the issue I have. I know that's not what this law is, I was just speaking in general.

7. cotton

I don't think I have argued otherwise. Nothing about this, however, makes gender "fluid."

8. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

There are differences with gender. But also race.

What's wrong with just allowing people to use whatever restroom they believe most closely represents the gender that they most closely relate to? Haven't we survived for decades, doing just this thing? Or, has there been this spate of transgender-driven indecency charges, or pedophilic predation in public restrooms which have completely escaped my attention?

9. Tenacious D

Are you equating transgendered persons with "perverts" and pedophiles?

I don't see any other available interpretation, but don't want to assume, so I ask.

10. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

From what I understand, pedophiles groom their victims over time. I don't believe that I have ever heard of one jumping a child in a restroom.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

The focus of those regulations is to keep people from being messed with that defy your man/woman opinion.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Do you think a young XY chromosome-possessing male who prefers dresses and a feminine lifestyle is doing it for attention? What do you suppose that person's motivations are? You clearly think it is some sort of choice or something they are inventing. Why?

13. RockyHill

I absolutely am not. I think my posts show that.

14. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

some people almost seem to push their kids into it. it's very odd. I don't believe a 5 year old really has it all figured out.

15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

what percentage of transgender folks have a xy chromosome? I bet it's a small minority.

16. Tenacious D

That's what I found confusing about your post - it the law/issue at hand is about the public restroom use of transgendered persons, why are we talking about perverts and pedophiles?

17. RockyHill

I wasn't talking about the law, just my opinion on the notion that anyone should allowed to identify as whatever gender they would like.

18. cotton

Flip your argument, which I don't think holds much merit. Haven't we survived as a society by having those little blue signs on the door that separate the skirts from the pants? The equation with race is a false one, designed to confuse and inflame.

I don't understand this sentence. I think it is most likely wrong, but I hate to comment on gibberish.

So you do believe gender is not chosen?

19. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I wonder about that when I see stories and pictures of young children who say they identify one way or the other.

20. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

It's an invention. Nature gives you the assignment to be a man or a woman - unless you are one of the few to be hermaphroditic.

I want to be Ryan Reynolds, and have all the benefits of being Ryan Reynolds. Get to freely bang Blake Lively, have millions of dollars, etc.

I wasn't born Ryan Reynolds, though. I may change my appearance to look exactly like him, but that doesn't change anything about who I am or what I was born as.