The Great Bathroom Debate

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by g8terh8ter_eric, Apr 13, 2016.

1. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

I'm still wondering how pedos would use the transgender defense? Hell, as it is, there are "women" who look like men who have to use the womens bathrooms. Wouldn't it be easier for the pedos to hide under the current situation? I mean, the only way they could get away with it if we changed it to identity based instead of genital based, would be to make an effort to look feminine. Listen I'm not gonna say that a pedo wouldn't stoop that low, but if they are willing to do that, then keeping trans people out of the bathroom they identify with isn't going to stop them. The overwhelming majority just want to use the bathroom.

2. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

It depends.

Do the bathroom doors say, "Penis" and "Vaginas" or "Men" and "Women"?

If anyone doesn't like how men and women are currently classified, enforce any existing laws on the books, or edit them to your liking. But absent that, they're going to continue to be allowed to self-identify, and just as they should be.

Spoiler Alert: I know one federal regulation which has already defined this now, and your gender is solely determined by the sex you claimed on your drivers license. So, if we're going to start doing genital checks down at the DMV, sign me up.

3. Tenacious D

I assume that the group believes that hermaphrodites should just shit themselves?

Correct?

4. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

That's cute. So the trans person with a beard wearing a golf shirt and khakis would just draw no attention or disgust in the womens bathroom? They wouldn't have to prove they had the correct genitalia if confronted about it? Or they could just go into the mens bathroom and no one would knoiw whether or not they had a [penis] or not because no one would think anything of it?

5. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

You are his father; which restroom do you send him to?

[​IMG]

6. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

WTF is he thinking; using a Women's restroom?!?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 14, 2016
  7. Tenacious D

Here's a quick way to let everyone know what you're packing:

Armbands. Big red armbands with the symbol of your birth sex.

Or, we can just pass a law that makes it illegal to wear pants with crotches.

Or, how about we make a men's room door that doesn't have a handle, but can only be opened by placing your penis inside a hole, and thereby activating the door to open? The female door would have a flesh-covered stick that you'd need to squat on and do a set of Kegels on before the Ladies room door would open.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Why do you think I'm smart? I must be a total idiot. I really don't understand your position. Share with me these times when male pedophiles infiltrated the women's room, and female pedophiles infiltrated the men's room. Then explain to me how male pedophiles infiltrating and preying on little boys is less of a problem. It just doesn't make sense to me.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

What if you have both? What about the people getting cursed out for "using the wrong restroom" who are actually just doing EXACTLY what the law is requiring of them, and only NOW getting [itch bay]ed at for it because they don't "look" like they belong?

It isn't as black and white as this.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

Makes me think we should just make unisex bathrooms. Maybe upgrade the privacy of stalls, have a separate "urinals chamber/room," and just tell people to mind their own damn business.

11. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

We have family restrooms.........

12. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Has nothing to do with validating. I am pretty sure those that know me, yourself included, know that this isn't some sort of jihad against those that are different. But I've dealt with pedophiles myself on some levels. They will use ANYTHING and everything to get what it is they want, no matter what lows you and I can't even begin to fathom.

And I'll agree with you that the average citizen has no clue to the amount of sick and twisted amongst us on a daily basis. I'm all for not creating yet another avenue for them to be successful. It's a simple issue to me and not something that's driven out of hate. My track record should be exhibit A on that. But if you have a penis, go to the men's restroom. You have a vagina, go to the women's restroom.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2016
  13. g8terh8ter_eric

g8terh8ter_eric Contributor

I'd almost be willing to bet that these three have zero issue using the women's restroom, and haven't in some time.

14. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Have a trans student. I treat this student exactly like I do every other.

15. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

Which bathroom?

16. g8terh8ter_eric

g8terh8ter_eric Contributor

There is also a different issue here, that most aren't even looking at. What about those women who have been previously sexually assaulted, and their well-being and feeling of safety? Should we just tell them to get over it?

17. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Would you be okay with this person following your wife/daughter into a public restroom?

[​IMG]

18. Tenacious D

I don't believe that you're being less than sincere, would act in any intentionally bigoted way, and don't believe that you're doing so, here. When you, of all possible people, mistake the intent of my post, I have clearly erred.

Here's the heart of the matter: Why should transgendered people, who you admit pose no more of a threat to your child than anyone else, have their experiences and allowances aligned with or defined by the possible actions of anyone else, much less a pedophile?

How about a flasher? How about older people? Jews? The poor? Uneducated?

Do you see the inherent unfairness of what you are unintentionally suggesting here, and how preposterous it is?

This is not "at" YOU, or anyone in particular - just as to the matter at hand - but does anyone realize that the seed which gives rise to to these beliefs are that transgendered people are somehow, simply as a matter of their existing, not only somehow more prone to sexual deviance, and that such is not only true, but that they are likely so certain to act on these unfair and baseless fears, as to require excessively restrictive measures to be taken?

No reasonably fair-minded person, certainly those who value individual liberty, could assent to such silliness, as this.

19. Tenacious D

So, fear-based legislation?

Is it possible for me to empathize with the loss of a friend's loved one who drowned, to seek reasonable and necessary protections in hopes of preventing such tragedies from occurring again...but without agreeing with their irrational - however understandable and sincere - belief that such can only occur through the prohibition of swimming and bathing?

Reason must not necessarily be divorced from sympathy, empathy and the desire to protect.

20. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Yet, they would be breaking the law.